YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (48/73) > >>

penguinpower:
How about ditch the stupid spread and run a pro style offense with a full back and a tailback and smash the little LB's on the other teams.  How about throwing to the TE's?  That allows poor receivers to look better than they are, limits the number of touches they get a d takes away the importance of having high skill in that area. 

I hate the stupid spread.  We wont win sh** until we go back to what won us our NC's and what is winning NDSU NC's and that is pro style with the ability to flex into west coast when needed.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 17, 2016, 05:15:58 PM ---How about ditch the stupid spread and run a pro style offense with a full back and a tailback and smash the little LB's on the other teams.  How about throwing to the TE's?  That allows poor receivers to look better than they are, limits the number of touches they get a d takes away the importance of having high skill in that area. 

I hate the stupid spread.  We wont win sh** until we go back to what won us our NC's and what is winning NDSU NC's and that is pro style with the ability to flex into west coast when needed.

--- End quote ---

That will never happen until ole Monty and his "sophisticated" system goes bye bye.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Nice to hear that Damoun Patterson was running good routes today and catching long balls downfield for the offense. It would be great to have a legitimate deep threat

YSUGO:
I tried to stay out of the QB debate.  A couple of thoughts, I have to believe that Coach P will make sure that the guy that can give us the best chance to win will be QB1. Penguin power hit the nail on the head.  Bring back a power offense and pound it and use a play action based passing game and if needed a spread or west coast based package .  I don't think we have been blessed with much at WR for many years  Wells got hurt when Adams Graduated.  He was our best weapon in the red zone his Senior year.  . Davis if he is named starter won't get through the year without getting banged up or injured.  Our league is too physical and we need 2 good QBs .  I put a lot of the blame on Monty we have had some poor game plans and gave become too predictable especially with a lead going into the second half.  Last year with all the injuries and poor WR play Davis wouldn't have got us to the playoffs either.  It's fairly obvious with the influx of new WRs that the coaching staff realized that was a big issue.  They could have run off most of the QB's too but they just brought the transfer in.  My gut tells me they will give Davis the nod at first but when we hit games that matter we will have 9 guys or more in the box and dare us to throw.  They have enough film on him to know his skill set .  This kind of reminds me of the Colby Street era and whe know how that ended up.  Go YSU!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 17, 2016, 12:50:47 PM ---For now, with everything I've heard and seen.

1A: Davis
1B: Wells
2. Hosick
3. Mays

--- End quote ---

This was just reported from Vindy:

Penguins appear to be down to two quarterbacks

Published: 8/17/16 @ 09:01

It appears as if the search for a starting quarterback for the Youngstown State football team has been unofficially narrowed from four candidates to two.

Ricky Davis and Hunter Wells were the only two quarterbacks to get reps with the first string on Wednesday while Trent Hosick played exclusively with the second string and Nathan Mays saw no snaps.

“I think we kind of know who’s the top two and who’s the bottom two,” Davis said. “But we’re just worried about ourselves. If you worry about the next guy you’re just going to be as good as him.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version