YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (43/73) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 16, 2016, 03:55:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on August 16, 2016, 12:58:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on August 16, 2016, 10:03:06 AM --- I don’t doubt Ricky Davis has improved, but he was a strong armed guy with terrible accuracy last year

--- End quote ---

Time to say goodnight to that myth.  :)

Behold the 2015 MVFC passing efficiency ratings:

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/ind-all.pdf

PASS EFFICIENCY Cl G Comp-Att-Int Yds TD Eff.

6. Davis, Ricky-YSU So 9 8-18-0 142 1 129.0

8. Wells, Hunter-YSU So 11 159-291-7 1975 13 121.6

Passing efficiency does not subdivide INTs into pick 6's and non-pick 6s.  If it did, Well's passing efficiency would be much worse.

--- End quote ---
So I said Davis has a strong arm but terrible accuracy, and you quote last season's stat:
Davis 44% completion rate
Wells 54% completion rate
Now don't get me wrong, 54% is not good enough for Wells, but 44% is a joke.  This is compounded by Ricky's own words, when he was in the game, it was going to be a run.  Should have been easy to complete at least a few passes.  You guys should fork over the money, buy tickets and go watch some of these games.  I also point out the fact that Davis was a better runner than Wells, (maybe I am too!) but he is NOT a dramatic playmaker with his legs either.  He is at best 3 string, maybe 4th.  Everybody likes the backup.  By mid season, we won't hear Davis at all, you will all be saying "if only they would play Hosick."   I do expect Hunter to lead us to the playoffs this season.  We'll see, but your "all in with Ricky" has no factual basis for support

--- End quote ---

Why look only at completions? That's only one measure of a QB. Don't yardage, TD's, and interceptions also matter, maybe even moreso?  The passing efficiency rating factors in all of those things.

The YO Show:
Guys, sorry this update is late but 16 days.

Also, I Think wells will look much better this year if the o-line is better. I'm optimistic about the offense this year.

The YO Show:
That being said though, if the coaches don't pick wells to be the starter, then so be it.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Yes, it would be interesting to see who is getting the majority of snaps in practice. Before camp started Shane Montgomery said all 4 quarterbacks would be getting the same amount of snaps for a certain time frame and after that they would move into the next phase. That next phase included increased snaps for the starter..They are past that time frame and know who it is going to be

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Kind of strange not getting any kind of progress reports from the coaches this far into camp. That could be a very smart thing on their part. Last year I could remember Bo, Carl, and Shane talking about the team and player personnel on a regular basis..I think we need a drone over top of the stadium..lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version