YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (42/73) > >>

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 15, 2016, 01:36:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on August 15, 2016, 12:26:02 PM ---Who had most of the reps at 1st team center?  Any serious injuries so far in camp?

--- End quote ---

Vitas Hrynkiewicz.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Look, Between Harvin, Townsend, Scott, Bailey, Patterson and Derrick we need 3 to 4 of these guys to step up and be our receivers. I have never seen so many receivers on a sub division roster like ours surely we can find our group. Run the proper route, get open and catch the ball it's that simple. I wasn't at the scrimmage, but the Vindy was reporting our quarterbacks were in plenty of 3rd and long situations and holding onto the ball to long and forced to take coverage sacks because of the coverage down field. The issue here is not necessarily the quarterbacks as much as it is the wide receivers. The protection for the most part sounded good

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 16, 2016, 10:03:06 AM --- I don’t doubt Ricky Davis has improved, but he was a strong armed guy with terrible accuracy last year

--- End quote ---

Time to say goodnight to that myth.  :)

Behold the 2015 MVFC passing efficiency ratings:

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/ind-all.pdf

PASS EFFICIENCY Cl G Comp-Att-Int Yds TD Eff.

6. Davis, Ricky-YSU So 9 8-18-0 142 1 129.0

8. Wells, Hunter-YSU So 11 159-291-7 1975 13 121.6

Passing efficiency does not subdivide INTs into pick 6's and non-pick 6s.  If it did, Well's passing efficiency would be much worse.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on August 16, 2016, 12:58:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on August 16, 2016, 10:03:06 AM --- I don’t doubt Ricky Davis has improved, but he was a strong armed guy with terrible accuracy last year

--- End quote ---

Passing efficiency does not subdivide INTs into pick 6's and non-pick 6s.  If it did, Well's passing efficiency would be much worse.

--- End quote ---
So I said Davis has a strong arm but terrible accuracy, and you quote last season's stat:
Davis 44% completion rate
Wells 54% completion rate
Now don't get me wrong, 54% is not good enough for Wells, but 44% is a joke.  This is compounded by Ricky's own words, when he was in the game, it was going to be a run.  Should have been easy to complete at least a few passes.  You guys should fork over the money, buy tickets and go watch some of these games.  I also point out the fact that Davis was a better runner than Wells, (maybe I am too!) but he is NOT a dramatic playmaker with his legs either.  He is at best 3 string, maybe 4th.  Everybody likes the backup.  By mid season, we won't hear Davis at all, you will all be saying "if only they would play Hosick."   I do expect Hunter to lead us to the playoffs this season.  We'll see, but your "all in with Ricky" has no factual basis for support

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 16, 2016, 03:55:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on August 16, 2016, 12:58:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
So I said Davis has a strong arm but terrible accuracy, and you quote last season's stat:
Davis 44% completion rate
Wells 54% completion rate
Now don't get me wrong, 54% is not good enough for Wells, but 44% is a joke.  This is compounded by Ricky's own words, when he was in the game, it was going to be a run.  Should have been easy to complete at least a few passes.  You guys should fork over the money, buy tickets and go watch some of these games.  I also point out the fact that Davis was a better runner than Wells, (maybe I am too!) but he is NOT a dramatic playmaker with his legs either.  He is at best 3 string, maybe 4th.  Everybody likes the backup.  By mid season, we won't hear Davis at all, you will all be saying "if only they would play Hosick."   I do expect Hunter to lead us to the playoffs this season.  We'll see, but your "all in with Ricky" has no factual basis for support

--- End quote ---

Lol I'd like to have a little of what you're smoking. Please share!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version