YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (5/73) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on July 15, 2016, 01:14:18 PM ---Would you prefer I dont do daily countdown then go? I did it last year and started at a much higher number. This year, I started at 50 days because someone had suggested that last year. If the consensus is that this is a bad thing though, I can stop doing the countdown.

--- End quote ---
As I said:
"Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the daily countdown"

Penguin Nation:
The countdown is awesome!!  Two thumbs up !!

On another note, when your first year HC at NE has a train wreck first year, b about the former coach (who actually won).  Unreal...

http://www.todaysu.com/big-ten/nebraska-cornhuskers/mike-riley-is-proof-nebraska-made-right-move-canning-bo-pelini/

Penguin Nation:
FWIW, Massey predicts a 6-5/4-4  season, and a tail whoopin at WVU.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=286577

TBH, I think Massey's margins of victory are exaggerated, but unfortunately 6-5/4-4 is about what I am predicting also....maybe 7-4 as ISUr maybe in a rebuilding year.

go guins:
Looks about what I would expect.  Need to turn around forecast close loses at home to Iowa State and Indiana State to make playoffs.  Or score "signature win" against rated team on the road.
Definitely do-able!

IAA Fan:
I think right now we have a large senior class as our best intangible in crossing the 8-win threshold for a post-season birth. As Go Guins already mentioned, the OL is the real question. Cross your fingers and we have an awesome running backfield ...the Bo & Carl's D was better than I expected ... the staff demonstrated a commitment to QB position. So here are my worries going into camp:

1. OL
2. Depth in the DL (not the outsides)
3. Kicking game ...both coverage and kickers. However, the staff went out and brought in two new legs & two coaches (well actually one was a move with Stoops).

In all honesty, some of my off-season fears with Bo, were put to rest. I am not saying his solutions are going to work, but the recognition and addressing of key problem areas "calmed my nerves" quite a bit.

FYI, this WVU team is no stronger than Pitt. IN fact about a year behind. NFL draft caliber QB, depth (limited skill) in the running backs. Short 1 WR going into camp (but two promising frosh ready to step up)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version