YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (40/73) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 15, 2016, 09:24:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on August 14, 2016, 12:12:40 PM ---I would agree that the starter for Dusquene needs to be the presumed starter for the season.  There is no need for a two QB system if the starting QB has a complete skill set.  No way I'd have WVU be the first start for the new QB.    Davis should've started the Missouri State game last year, but that opportunity was lost. From everything I'm reading, and saw last season, I'd start Davis with Hosick as the backup.  In garbage time I'd put Hosick in for a few wildcats.  Mays #3.  Wells would be the nuclear option.

--- End quote ---
Interesting opinion since I think Wells will be the starter.  All this camp stuff with Mays and Davis is just smoke to keep them with the program

--- End quote ---

If Wells is the starter, we are going to be in trouble.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 15, 2016, 09:57:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on August 15, 2016, 09:24:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on August 14, 2016, 12:12:40 PM ---I would agree that the starter for Dusquene needs to be the presumed starter for the season.  There is no need for a two QB system if the starting QB has a complete skill set.  No way I'd have WVU be the first start for the new QB.    Davis should've started the Missouri State game last year, but that opportunity was lost. From everything I'm reading, and saw last season, I'd start Davis with Hosick as the backup.  In garbage time I'd put Hosick in for a few wildcats.  Mays #3.  Wells would be the nuclear option.

--- End quote ---
Interesting opinion since I think Wells will be the starter.  All this camp stuff with Mays and Davis is just smoke to keep them with the program

--- End quote ---

If Wells is the starter, we are going to be in trouble.

--- End quote ---

Go, I'm really trying to be gentle in my comments. I don't want to flame a college kid playing a game.  I actually fault the OC, and even BP more than any player.  But geez, keeping a pro-style QB who is mobility impaired as the starter when your O line is depleted due to injuries and your receivers have hands of stone is outlandish.  He had minus 44 yards rushing for the season while #12 was the third leading rusher with very limited playing time.  Unreal.  And not letting #12 pass??  I think #6 would do well at a program where his immobility is masked by a strong o-line and strong receivers.  There, he can prolly also even get away with his lack of progressions.  The YSU program really isn't a good fit for him IMO. Nania left and was a more well rounded player.  Davis also finished the year with a higher passing efficiency (yes, with the same o line and same recievers...so thats no excuse).  I'd consider moving #6 to another position, but they all require a special skill or mobility.  For #6 to start this year would be FUBAR.  The fact that we deep in talent at that position with players with complete skill sets makes the idea even more preposterous.  The staff developed a two QB system to compensate for the shortcomings, but was horribly executed.  Honestly we had better coaching playing street ball as kids on the  West side.  I'm willing to accept Hosick as the starter, or even Mays, as I haven't seen much of their work yet.  But based on reports from camp, the Spring game, last season, how could #12 not be the starter?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
 I'm sure Wells evaluated the situation when Trent was brought in and conferred with his coaches. He would've jumped ship if he didn't think he had any chance of remaining the starter. I think we need to look back at his freshman year and understand why it was such a good year for him and go from there. Coach Montgomery was retained by Pellini for a reason when many of us thought he would be let go..I'm just curious how much of a role Bo will play with the offense this year

ysuguins4:
Who had most of the reps at 1st team center?  Any serious injuries so far in camp?

Penquin68:
Was at the scrimmage on Saturday and saw all the games the last many years. My vote is Davis for his mobility and arm strength and throwing ability overall.  Wells seems to have great ability when allowed to stand in the pocket and throw, probably the best of all our QB's, but that doesn't seem like much of an option with our O-Line etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version