YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (37/73) > >>

The YO Show:
18 days

FOOTBALLFEVER:
What I like the most about all 4 of our quarterbacks is they all have class with know baggage to speak of..that's very hard to find these days. Ricky in my opinion is the most improved out of the 4. I'm going to stop short of predicting a starter for week 1 because I'm not with them everyday like the coaches are. Keep in mind Ricky only attempted 4 passes yesterday while completing 3 and was not really giving the option to throw last season. Mays had twice as many attempts yesterday. It's really hard to get a true read with the offense in these scrimmages because the defense will always have the upper hand. Specific quarterback's have been working specific drills for game situations all through camp that what leads me to believe a 2 system quarterback is in place

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Not to look past Duquesne and Robert Morris, but all 4 should get plenty of work in. I just noticed we have 2 weeks between Robert Morris and our conference opener against South Dakota. That will be huge for us and that's truly when our season begins West Virginia's defense just dominated their offense in yesterday's scrimmage we have our work cut out for us. I think every position will be re-evaluated after R.M.

mayor:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 14, 2016, 07:01:13 AM ---What I like the most about all 4 of our quarterbacks is they all have class with know baggage to speak of..that's very hard to find these days. Ricky in my opinion is the most improved out of the 4. I'm going to stop short of predicting a starter for week 1 because I'm not with them everyday like the coaches are. Keep in mind Ricky only attempted 4 passes yesterday while completing 3 and was not really giving the option to throw last season. Mays had twice as many attempts yesterday. It's really hard to get a true read with the offense in these scrimmages because the defense will always have the upper hand. Specific quarterback's have been working specific drills for game situations all through camp that what leads me to believe a 2 system quarterback is in place

--- End quote ---
This is true but Mays never went with the ones at all and Ricky was the only QB to not go with the two's. Do you think that means anything?

ytownchief22:
I agree. I just think with our O-Line not being the greatest, our inexperienced WR's, we need a QB that is able to move the chains and make plays with his feet. Can't be sitting back there waiting and waiting. Davis gives us that best chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version