YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI playing Montana, when will we play a non conference game that matters?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Wick250:
I don't know what disappoints me more: the failures on the field or the declining expectations from our fans.  How can anybody be AFRAID of the schedule that I proposed earlier in this thread.  The goal is NOT merely to return to the playoffs; the goal is to WIN more national championships. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 08, 2016, 11:58:57 AM ---I don't know what disappoints me more: the failures on the field or the declining expectations from our fans.  How can anybody be AFRAID of the schedule that I proposed earlier in this thread.  The goal is NOT merely to return to the playoffs; the goal is to WIN more national championships.

--- End quote ---

That is correct and it has been 8-years since we had a team that could do that and they did not even make the post-season because of a difficult schedule. The previous and following years were too weak. So let's just work our way up. Fans want to tailgate and watch a game.

penguinpower:
"If you want to be the best you have to beat the best"- Coach Jim Tressel

penguinpower:
Somehow Northern Iowa seems to play a difficult schedule and make the playoffs every year.....even when they are unranked late in the season and the pull of the needed number of wins to make it to the dance.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 08, 2016, 12:10:36 PM --- Fans want to tailgate and watch a game.

--- End quote ---

Fans...the ones that are left...want to win....and have meaningful wins over relevant opponents.

We know the outcome of having an OOC schedule full of partial scholly schools...and it's been a disaster.

Why, in all seriousness, would we continue this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version