YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

EMU faculty, students: Drop out of Division I football

<< < (4/4)

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on April 27, 2016, 05:43:21 AM ---That would be a good plan for EMU I think DoubleE. However, their administration seems to be putting the position that they will never leave the MAC and will keep the status quo.

--- End quote ---

I saw that too YO and I don't read much into that.  They can't be honest and say their losses are unsustainable and they are looking at options, as their recruiting and donations would suffer.  They'll announce it at the last possible moment.  If they are truly committed to the MAC, than that would be obscene, and the students should riot, as they are incurring nearly $1K in debt annually to fund an irrelevant faux-FBS program.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 27, 2016, 10:25:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on April 27, 2016, 05:43:21 AM ---That would be a good plan for EMU I think DoubleE. However, their administration seems to be putting the position that they will never leave the MAC and will keep the status quo.

--- End quote ---

I saw that too YO and I don't read much into that.  They can't be honest and say their losses are unsustainable and they are looking at options, as their recruiting and donations would suffer.  They'll announce it at the last possible moment.  If they are truly committed to the MAC, than that would be obscene, and the students should riot, as they are incurring nearly $1K in debt annually to fund an irrelevant faux-FBS program.

--- End quote ---

It is really about the intellectual honesty to face reality.

Wick250:
Idaho is expected to announce tomorrow that they are returning to FCS, undoubtedly back to the Big Sky conference.  This will be the first time that one of the big time "dreamers" has returned to reality.  It might prompt other university presidents at bogus FBS schools to have the courage to follow Idaho's example.

IAA Fan:
Honestly, Idaho would rather stay in the Sun Belt, the TV revenue is so much for them. However, with the Big Sky offering football-only membership, they are making it obvious that at least a portion of the Big Sky schools are moving up.

ytownchief22:
EMU, Idaho, and now UMass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version