YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

EMU faculty, students: Drop out of Division I football

<< < (3/4) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 26, 2016, 04:27:02 PM ---Missouri Sate is exactly what we want to be, outside of football. Lady Bears Basketball:

--- End quote ---

Do you really mean this as it sounds? Because it sounds like MBB should just be an after thought. Nothing against WBB, which I love, but I want and expect every sport at YSU to excel men or womens.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 26, 2016, 08:42:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 26, 2016, 04:27:02 PM ---Missouri Sate is exactly what we want to be, outside of football. Lady Bears Basketball:

--- End quote ---
I want and expect every sport at YSU to excel men or womens.

--- End quote ---

I think we all want every sport at YSU to excel.

DoubleE:
I would think EMU football in an effort to be non or partial scholarship would be Pioneer or NEC for football and Horizon for other sports

I could see in the near future NDSU and Northern Iowa taking Akron and EMU spots in the MAC as they come down to the Horizion league but who knows

The YO Show:
That would be a good plan for EMU I think DoubleE. However, their administration seems to be putting the position that they will never leave the MAC and will keep the status quo.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 26, 2016, 08:42:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Do you really mean this as it sounds? Because it sounds like MBB should just be an after thought. Nothing against WBB, which I love, but I want and expect every sport at YSU to excel men or womens.

--- End quote ---

So do I wish to see every sport excel Guinpen, but the truth is the monies are not there & YSU's focus has been women's sports. Also, Nation likes to make fun of SMS, so I thought I would point out their strength is in other sports besides FB and MBB. Now you factor in our desire to not only participate in FB, but excel, we have an even harder task.

So when you are asking if Strollo and the administration know about the performance of other sports (i.e.: MBB) the answer is clearly "yes" and the focus has been placed in other sports.

Look, women's sports today (2016) are like men's sports were decades ago; that is a school can get much more "bang for the their bucks". Many female athletes are happy to get even the slightest bit of scholarship and the teams are smaller. Good football and MBB players do not come so cheap. Facility & staff expenses are much greater in men's sports. We need to stop thinking our staff and administration are incompetent and understand that they are doing what they need to do and deserve our support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version