YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball recruiting spring signing.

<< < (6/7) > >>

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: jbags on April 29, 2016, 06:17:02 PM ---Yup...you're right...David Robinson wasn't recruited for talent

--- End quote ---

Nope he wasn't.  His father was retired Navy and he never even played basketball until his senior year in High School.  I've spent enough time in the Navy and at the academy and I've heard Robinson speak about his life.

IAA Fan:
If I remember correctly, they said he was 6'4" or less and played football at over 250lbs. He was an admitted D&D lover and a mathematics wiz in High School; a math major at Annapolis. I also remember yelling at CSU to double-up on him in that elite-8 game when he dropped in the winning basket.

ucfpengbuck:
According to verbalcommits.com Raheem williams verbals to YSU.   6-5 juco.

ucfpengbuck:
Just did a search and Williams played JC ball in Florida.  Averaged 9.9 per game.  shot 42% and 26% from 3.
Averaged 5.5 rebounds a game.  Team went 12-19.   His coach said in an article that Rahim has a 43 inch vertical leap.          I hate to be negative but how does the 4th leading scored on a 12-19 team help YSU ? 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on May 02, 2016, 01:57:22 PM ---Just did a search and Williams played JC ball in Florida.  Averaged 9.9 per game.  shot 42% and 26% from 3.
Averaged 5.5 rebounds a game.  Team went 12-19.   His coach said in an article that Rahim has a 43 inch vertical leap.          I hate to be negative but how does the 4th leading scored on a 12-19 team help YSU ?

--- End quote ---

It doesn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version