YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (20/32) > >>

WVUfan05:
Regardless of the outcome I hope you guys that are traveling enjoy the game.

I never really gave a prediction because I'm not into that sort of thing but I'll throw out a score line of 38-17

Penguin Nation:
IMO, this is the best team we've fielded in well over a decade.  It was the #1 FCS pass D in 2015, and its better this year.

I think some of the grandiose predictions are based on the belief that the MVFC is just another FCS conference.  The second overall draft pick and the Eagles rookie starter was from the MVFC.  The MVFC would be more appropriately placed as a G5 conference. As was said, we have a first round pick in our defense.  The only recent P5 blowout was at the hands of Sparty the year they were undefeated in BIG play, won the Rose Bowl, and finished 3rd in BCS polling.  I think most WVU fans would concede they are not on par with the 2013 Spartans.  Otherwise, the margins of defeat versus P5 in the last four years was 8 and 11 points, and of course there was the win at Pitt in 2012.

Any given saturday anything can happen.  USD beat NDSU last year, and could beat us this year.  I think it'll be a competitive game.  As Yo said, the spread is based on betting, not on an in-depth actuarial determination of probability.  24.5 points, IMO, is nuts, but who knows.  Although a W is not out of the question, I would say the Penguins lose by 11.

I know Holgorsen said he dislikes these games, but I'd like to see them alternate every other year with Pitt.

penguinpower:
Jodi Webb is out.  Injury

penguinpower:
Where is Hannon?

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 10, 2016, 01:59:00 PM ---Where is Hannon?

--- End quote ---

He said last week he had a family event with his son.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version