YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (13/32) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 07, 2016, 08:28:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on September 07, 2016, 08:01:36 AM --- Optimistic is one thing, but from the comments on this board, you guys make it sound like we are playing a Division 3 school.  There is a reason we are a 25 point underdog.   The guys in Vegas making the line know what they are doing.

West Virginia manhandled Missouri, which is an SEC team.  We have yet to prove anything,  don't get too overly excited about beating a team from the NEC.

--- End quote ---

But, but , but they were a playoff team from last year....  ;)

--- End quote ---
4 Missouri conference teams play 4 Big Sky opponents this week..why?..Because it is the second best conference behind ours and there looking to get votes when playoff selection comes around..I'm keeping a close eye on the Bobby Morris and Duquesne game's this weekend

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on September 07, 2016, 08:01:36 AM --- Optimistic is one thing, but from the comments on this board, you guys make it sound like we are playing a Division 3 school.  There is a reason we are a 25 point underdog.   The guys in Vegas making the line know what they are doing.

West Virginia manhandled Missouri, which is an SEC team.  We have yet to prove anything,  don't get too overly excited about beating a team from the NEC.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

And we were not a playoff team from last year

The YO Show:
Actually, do you know that Vegas gets its money from the juice and not setting the line right? Its based on what the aggregate votes on (so herd knowledge of the two teams should be accurate for predicting the outcome, or in this case setting a line based on where things are bet on). That's why lines move based on betting. So a line could originally open up at +9 for Team A and -9 for Team B and the day of the game finish at -2 for Team A and +2 for Team B (although this is an extreme example, it has happened).

If not enough people have information (or even in some cases more people with wrong information), bet alot on the line in a certain direction then the line will move that way regardless. Vegas makes money off of every bet through the built in juice. Not the line itself. That being said, you are right, there is a reason the majority of people have us losing by that big a spread. All I know is, I bet on us last year when I took us at -14.5 from Pitt. We covered  ;D

Now in all seriousness, we probably wont win, and we may get blown out. I just don't know. I'm going to be optimistic and say we play fairly competitively and somewhat close. After all, the MVFC played alot of other FBS teams from the Big 12 and did well and the SEC is low this year (7 teams losing in week 1? Most since... 1992 the year I was born)!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 07, 2016, 11:03:06 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
4 Missouri conference teams play 4 Big Sky opponents this week..why?..Because it is the second best conference behind ours and there looking to get votes when playoff selection comes around..I'm keeping a close eye on the Bobby Morris and Duquesne game's this weekend

--- End quote ---

The reason we schedule the teams that we schedule has been explained on this board many times. It is all about the money, until a bunch of folks donate enough money to override the demand/need for 6 home games nothing will change. Simple as that

pittsburghpenguin:
I saw on the WVU message board that we are playing them in 2018.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version