YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (11/32) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 06, 2016, 04:04:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on September 06, 2016, 12:47:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 05, 2016, 08:07:16 PM ---Power, you are right, we should try to get along with their fans. They aren't that far away from us. Plus, fans from any school can be rowdy.

--- End quote ---

I had breakfast with my friend this morning. He played TE for Missouri and he went to game last week. He said the older WVU fans were OK but the students were really rowdy. Some of their fans were apologizing for the bad behavior of the students.

--- End quote ---

Did you ever hear our student section? I cannot believe we do not get a sideline violation every game ... LOL Those guys are crazy ...crazy good. A little crude, so I would not recommend parents sit with the kids on that side.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I know. My son abandoned me (reserved seat) for couple of games to sit with the students when he was a student here. He said the cops got involved couple of times with warning.

My buddy said they were harassed by the students in the parking lot in WVU when his group of fans (all dressed in Missouri gears) walking into the students.

The YO Show:
Well darn. Looks like you were right Fever. According to this, they aren't sleeping on the penguins. Also of note, WVU did receive votes in the poll this week, albeit not getting ranked. Oh, and they called Derek Rivers a "nuisance" lol. I guess our chances are lower than I initially was thinking, as their starting QB will play on Saturday. Still going to be hopeful, but I guess we will see. One thing that will likely help, they just started preparing for Saturday's game today. Maybe the fact that we had more time will help a bit?

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/9/6/12816306/dana-holgorsen-press-conference-west-virginia-mountaineers-wvu-week-two-youngstown-state-penguins

The YO Show:
Also of note from the Q&A: "Missouri laid back a bit and relied on the front four. Do you expect a few more looks from Youngstown State in terms of what they bring like blitz?"

"Umm... no... I mean, they yanno, they don't blitz a whole lot. And missouri could do it because they were so damn good, their DT's were anywhere from 305 to 365. A bit of a load, and 91 was disruptive. In Youngstown, I feel like, I mean their two ends are pretty active. So, if they are going to empty the box and keep their safeties deep, like they did against Duquense, we are going to run the ball about 99% of the time. So if they start getting those guys involved, they will bring a blitz off this edge (pointing right) or a blitz off this edge (pointing left), or they will bring their safeties down this way. We gotta identify what they are doing and we gotta be able to attack it in the appropriate way.

"What gets the FCS teams into trouble, they're scholarship players, their depth. I mean their starters are going to be.. not a whole lot different in talent, until you get down to the 2nd stringers. Thats what usually gets them, more than anything. Its not the frontline guys.

We gotta be really really really on guard with that, because our opportunities are not going to be great. They aren't going to come in here and try to do what Missouri did and try to run 100 plays, and have 15 or 16 possessions. It's what William and Mary did, it's what JMU did, it's what Liberty did, they are going to limit how many snaps we can get by what they do offensively. They are only defending about 55 snaps a game at Youngstown. That's why that JMU score was really close and William and Mary score was close as well."

Penguin Nation:
Tweet from Charles Grove:

"Just got out of #YSUs press conf. Ricky Davis said the team showed almost none of their playbook against Duquesne but will show all vs WVU"

Their QB sounds like he's still not serviceable. Hurts to breathe and walk to class?  I'm sure getting plowed into the turf will be ok tho.

ytownchief22:
Go ahead and underestimate our defense. Let's see how that works out for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version