YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (10/32) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 05, 2016, 09:01:42 PM ---I would love to see a win but we have too many questions that need to be answered.  Will our WR's play the game of there life.  We now this is not a strength right now.  Lots of unproven talent.  We need a good showing from our TE's.  Don't see an Adams there.  Davis  will have to hit 70% of his throws to give us a chance.  How will he react playing in front of 60k and he can't just tuck it and run every play.  Ruiz needs 20+ carries, Webb needs to fill Stubbs role.  The wild card is Monty will we go up tempo to neutralize their athletes.  Our punter has 2 career punts don't see that sneaking past WV.  Will we keep WV from scoring on special teams?  We tend to give one of those up in these type of games.  Missouri took the deep ball away and defenses against against Wv's screen game.  Wv countered with a short to intermediate adjustment which we have been not able to defend that stuff.  They had almost 200 yds from there Rb's.  If we were a Tressel built tried and tested team . I saw we have a better shot..  Davis hasn't done enough for me to see us pulling out a surprise.  He is no Hess, zetts or even Ryan.  I hope he proves me wrong. Defense wins championships maybe our D will provide us the spark we need.  I just want us to get better.  Davis needs to get his reps and get better.  It's all about the conference and beating WV means Squanto if we don't do well in conference play.  The Pitt game was a wasted win after what happened the rest of season.

--- End quote ---
Good post YSUGO..Tucking it and running it against W.V. and at least 4 other conference oppenents will be a challenge unlike Duquesne. I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 quarterbacks play in this game. We need to keep their defense off balanced as possible. Wells could be our best option for passing this Saturday, but it's time to see what Ricky can do throwing against a quality defense   

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 05, 2016, 09:01:42 PM ---The Pitt game was a wasted win after what happened the rest of season.
--- End quote ---

Yep.  Trade that win for one against ILS or SDSU and the Guins make the playoffs.

ysuguins4:
Anyone know where the folks selling extra tickets tend to congregate outside Milan Puskar Stadium?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 05, 2016, 08:07:16 PM ---Power, you are right, we should try to get along with their fans. They aren't that far away from us. Plus, fans from any school can be rowdy.

--- End quote ---

I had breakfast with my friend this morning. He played TE for Missouri and he went to game last week. He said the older WVU fans were OK but the students were really rowdy. Some of their fans were apologizing for the bad behavior of the students.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 06, 2016, 12:47:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 05, 2016, 08:07:16 PM ---Power, you are right, we should try to get along with their fans. They aren't that far away from us. Plus, fans from any school can be rowdy.

--- End quote ---

I had breakfast with my friend this morning. He played TE for Missouri and he went to game last week. He said the older WVU fans were OK but the students were really rowdy. Some of their fans were apologizing for the bad behavior of the students.

--- End quote ---

Did you ever hear our student section? I cannot believe we do not get a sideline violation every game ... LOL Those guys are crazy ...crazy good. A little crude, so I would not recommend parents sit with the kids on that side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version