YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (6/32) > >>

The YO Show:
Gets better, Howard their starting QB is injured... may NOT play Saturday. Was injured in the first game with an injury to his ribs:
http://www.todaysu.com/big-12/west-virginia-mountaineers/wvu-should-take-it-easy-with-skyler-howard-in-week-2/

Also, it's interesting to see this from the article: "QBs not named Skyler Howard: 3 plays, 2 turnovers (1 fumble, 1 INT)"

penguinpower:
I want their QB to play. It will give us a better gage of where we are and no excuses when we play them to the wire.  Many of their fans and fans that follow only FBS teams do not realize how good the FCS is, especially teams from the Missouri Valley Football Conference.  Lets compare our conference and theirs:  UNI knocked off Iowa State and South Dakota State took TCU to the wire.  We are very close to being 2-0 in vs Big 12 competition.   We are in the top tier of the Missouri Valley and I expect to win at least one of those two games against northern Iowa and SDSU.   They have no way to calibrate us and will be surprised by the speed, size, depth and skill we have.  We are not a team to overlook

penguinpower:
I also watched Dana's press conference and he mentions that Missouri had a 1st round defensive lineman they had to deal with.  Message for Dana,  we also have a first round defensive lineman  you will have to deal with.

The YO Show:
Yeah... and they are all like, Missouri's defense was soooo good! lol. Yeah I know we can be competitive with them even with their QB. Their offense isn't that great this year (at least it didnt' look good). I think the entire SEC is down this year (except for Bama), so beating Missouri doesn't mean much. I admit, it is better to have us win with their QB, but many of their fans think they will win 46-10 WITHOUT him lol. People don't pay attention to the FCS and people just don't realize that their is alot of parity between upper FCS and FBS. Upper FCS is much more equivalent to G5 and just doesn't get the appropriate respect.

With Dana's previous comments to the press, I totally believe he and his team will overlook YSU and be looking towards BYU

penguinpower:
My guess is that 90% of WVU fans think we are a cupcake, and about 40% of the WVU message board fans will be aware that we are a threat and 20% of thise will know that under the right conditions we can upset them at their place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version