YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (28/32) > >>

ytownchief22:
Illinois St beat Northwestern yesterday.

Buddy:
I would again like to comment on the fans at WVU.

Prior to the game all we heard was they were bad fans.  I had friends who did not wear Penguins shirts.

We were happy to find out their fans were great people.  From the time we arrived we were greeted with respect.  We talk to several people in the lot and  received only good wishes.  We sat surrounded by WVU fans.  All were great people. We cheered.. They cheered.  No bad comments.

When we were leaving our car would not start. Several people asked if we needed help.

My point of this is there really were not many people from YSU there and I hope the BS that was being spread about their fans being bad did not keep them from attending. 

Had a great time and will go next time we play there!!!!!

ValleyTalk:
Could not agree more with Buddy. From the second we got out of our cars at the Coliseum, everyone was very nice and hospitable. Great group of fans. I would say the only exception would be the ones right next to the YSU band. I noticed our band director was getting quite upset with a few. However, a vast majority were excellent people.

IAA Fan:
So right Buddy. The fans just said to stay out of the student section and that is what we did. Did you ever hear so may compliments about our play form the enemy? Did you guys see how cordial the WVU players were after the game? Lots of hugs and handshakes. A couple of co-op prayers and everyone headed to the lockers. I will be happy to go back in 2-years. I did have to laugh though as this guy said he was out parading his daughters to find husbands and offering moonshine. The one was a little plump, with x-short Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots. Up until then I did forget I was in WVa.   :)

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 11, 2016, 12:49:07 PM ---Illinois St beat Northwestern yesterday.

--- End quote ---
Overall a pretty good day for our conference going 7-3 against quality opponents. I'm still thinking the 2 best defenses we will face will be Illinois st. and Northern Iowa. However their offenses seem to be struggling early on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version