YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (27/32) > >>

Buddy:
I am still surprised Wells has not seen the field.  I would like to see him play next week.  I do not think the running QBs will survive the season. 

Penguin Nation:
The more I see of Trent the more I think he should start.  Both QBs are very good.  Davis has not thrown a pic last year or this year, and was the leading rusher yesterday, but I didn't think he was a single read QB until yesterday, and his passes were high.  His TD passes Vs Duquesne were from the pocket, and I think the criticism that he is a tuck and run QB is not accurate.  But Trent has shown he can move the ball.  One pic can be forgiven.  After those two, I'd groom Nathan for the future.  If Wells was in, WVU would've left lanes open and blitzed him, if they studied old film on him, and it wouldn't have been pretty. 

YSUGO:
Well let's just hope the QB's keep improving.  I agree with you Penguin Nation for the most part. It's just hard to get an accurate assessment with how we schedule before league.

Grapestreet:
 The WVU fans was outstanding and yes it was hot but its been hot all summer. The boys need to hydrate. We had them beat as did we have Pitt Beat.  I think McCaster is the future and Ricky was fine. some misreads yes but ok. We have to get the secondary right. Other teams will watch the film and air it out going forward. We had no pass rush on the defensive side of the ball and  I could have stood back there and threw 5 TD's.  GO GUINS!

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 11, 2016, 12:08:37 PM ---Well let's just hope the QB's keep improving.  I agree with you Penguin Nation for the most part. It's just hard to get an accurate assessment with how we schedule before league.

--- End quote ---

Agree.  RMU will not expose any weaknesses that will need to be addressed before MVFC play.

Maybe its a down year for the conference.  UNI lost.  NDSU w/ 2 OT wins.  A lot of things are lining up well for us this year to do well in the MVFC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version