YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

<< < (26/32) > >>

Buddy:
Some takeaways I saw. 

Davis throws too high for the most part.  Misses open receivers.  Never looks for #2 guy and takes off running too quick.  He will be hurt bad before end of season.

Not sure why Wells has not played at all.  WV pass defense was not good.  Could have passed all over them.

Our secondary needs work.  Corners never look back for the ball.  I noticed this last week.  Man coverage is fine if CBs are good. 

We still do not seem to make adjustments at halftime.  Played a good first half and made no changes for second.  We lost the second half and the game.  Sound familiar?

YSUGO:
The Bison are the measuring stick for me.  Should be for us. But no playoffs have caused us to not expect much.  Yea we played WV tough but we are a ways away. 

YSUGO:
We gave up 600+ yards.  WV is good but they aren't the Buckeyes.  Do u think That that the Bison and even Northern Iowa would find that acceptable. 

Double ET:
Watched the game on tv. Agree with the all comments by other. We know Wells can pass but cannot run; Davis can pass and can run; Hosick can run, can pass and can pass during run but threw an int.

I like to see more of Hosick next game and I hope he could look of the DB and would also be able to find other receivers. Davis still locked the primary receiver. Lack of depth hurted the defense in the second half when our offense could not mount any drives in the 3Q.

YSUGO:
Here is a link from WV. 

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/09/11/holgorsen-exhales-gibby-fumes-as-wvu-wins-modestly/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version