YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs WVU

(1/32) > >>

The YO Show:
Does anyone else plan on going to this? I'm going to be going with 5 other people (for a total of 6). I've been dismayed with how high ticket prices for this game are already? I got 6 tickets to the Pitt YSU game in good seats on the vistors side for almost what the price of 1 ticket is going for at WVU in similar seating.  :o

Not sure if I should wait a while before purchasing tickets either this time?

HappyPenguin:
I would definitely wait then hit up stub hub end of summer. Prices for Pitt dropped daily in the weeks heading up to the game. I can't imagine their season ticket packages have been sold let alone delivered. There will be some coming.

I have heard from multiple sources that there fans are terrible. On par with Philly Flyers so expect taunts best case.

I'd think carefully before taking a kid.

ytownchief22:
WVU fans are definitely rowdy. I am thinking about going... Gonna wait a couple more months.

The YO Show:
Oh, I'm aware of their fans. I'm going with 4 penguin fans, and one WVU fan. We are all in age ranges from 21-26. It just so happens that I went with the WVU fan to see them play Kansas State a few years ago in 2012 when WVU lost 55-14. I was expecting it to be a closer game. Anyway, we were sitting next to a 45 year old kansas state fan. Was the only one in the area. I was backing him up in some cases. The nasty things people were saying by him, especially with their team losing so bad. They were just the worst fans I've ever witnessed, and I stay in our student section and hear what we say to the other team.

Definitely recommend traveling in groups and avoiding conflict. On our walk to the stadium, because we parked considerably far away, we saw many crazy parties, some fights, and couches and cars being burned (and this was BEFORE they the game even started, not after they lost 55-14).

Their season tickets have gone on sale. For the record, while the price of Pitt tickets dropped before the game, the tickets I bought last april were still $2 cheaper (I know because I ended up getting tickets right next to the large group of six last year late when more friends I knew wanted to come). But I am going to wait, because if they lose 1 of their first 2 games, I'm sure the price would drop. Its ridiculous how much their tickets are going for right now.

IAA Fan:
We have quite a crowd going. I am gong to wait. I expect to see sub-$15 tickets by July. WVU fans are fans

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version