YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Game

<< < (3/14) > >>

ysuguins4:
There's a red / white roster posted on YSU's site, and I noticed that Jalyn Powell is not listed.  Anyone know if he is injured?

ytownchief22:
I know a lot of guys were banged up and guys were mismatched but wow the offense needs a lot of work.

IAA Fan:
Thanks everyone. really great crowd!!!

In short:

Hosick who? If the season started tomorrow, Davis would start and Mays would be his back-up. No O-line of any kind, so no running either. Wells made deliberate running attempts, and was obviously trying to look-off his receivers; but still has the best "cannon". Would not surprise me to seem him keep his job.

Good coverage plays today, but white corners never saw the ball. Speed seems up this year. I would say that coach M is spot-on with his analysis.

Wick250:
Before anybody draws conclusions from a spring game, go to the university site and listen to Pelini's postgame comments.  That was not ones v. twos.  Talent was split up, and the offensive lines were a mess because of injuries and inexperience.  Remember that we have seen in the past brilliant individual performances from players who faded into oblivion by the fall.  We have also seen lackluster spring games from teams that subsequently won national titles. 

The one thing that stood out for me was the tackling.  Few broken tackles and many nice one-on-one hits, including some on Webb and Ruiz.  I am much happier with a good defense and an offense that needs some work than I would be if that were reversed.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 14, 2016, 11:33:37 AM ---Great with radio news.  I need all the help I can get keeping track of the players.  (RE, Dan R, spring games ARE scrimmages)  Good grief, there is only 1 team.

--- End quote ---

I put it on Iheart radio and they didn't switch the feed.  Stupid boobs forget every time.  Didn't bother to call this time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version