YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Can We Finally Forget About the MAC?

<< < (7/9) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on May 01, 2016, 07:07:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 01, 2016, 05:50:09 PM ---The MAC has been extremely successful in recruiting players that go into the NFL. The conference's issue is their lack of top-to-bottom good teams. You know, the kind where your impact players usually do not make the NFL, but may see a tryout at best ... but play their hearts out. Not sure how old this list is, but former MAC players in the NFL:

Akron: 6
Ball State: 7
BGSU: 8
SUNY-Buffalo: 4
CMU: 9
EMU: 8
Kent: 5
Miami: 10
NIU: 12
Ohio: 3
Toledo: 10
WMU: 5
-------------------------------
Marshall: 18
CFU: 15
Temple:11 (not sure how this relates to time in conference).

--- End quote ---
Thanks for sharing Fan this is really amazing when you think about it. Please keep us informed on any free agent signings for the penguins. Even tho a long shot I like kenneth Durden and Terrell Williams chances if given the opportunity in the right system

--- End quote ---

Yes, this why it is so difficult for YSU to recruit against these teams.

guinpen:
In response to the title of this thread - it would seem not!

ysuguins4:
Tough for me to forget cause I'd much rather watch the Guins play Akron, Kent, BG, OU and Miami than any of the schools in the Valley.  With the ever-changing landscape in college athletics, I believe one day YSU will be in a conference with most of these teams.  I just hope it's sooner than later.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on May 03, 2016, 12:03:10 PM ---Tough for me to forget cause I'd much rather watch the Guins play Akron, Kent, BG, OU and Miami than any of the schools in the Valley.  With the ever-changing landscape in college athletics, I believe one day YSU will be in a conference with most of these teams.  I just hope it's sooner than later.

--- End quote ---

I agree 100 percent

guinpen:
Speaking of possible future shake ups.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/05/03/sports/ncaafootball/ap-fbc-big-12-expansion-american.html?_r=0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version