YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Who is gone?

<< < (10/12) > >>

IAA Fan:
My brother was bio-chem at YSU,he worked many years at Mobile/Exxon and now works for a private research oil company. YSU has served myself and both of my brothers well.

Penguin Nation:
That's really the point I was trying to make.  In my class at YSU, some got into Ivy League med schools, tOSU, Cincy, Georgetown....

A WBB player with good grades, and good MCAT scores....will write her own ticket for med school from YSU.  To be blunt, the only reason to transfer is if you need a school's name to compensate for a lack of academic performance....I'm not suggesting that's the case here...just noting that the best med schools will take a YSU student who has distinguished themselves.

She'll have a full scholly anywhere, but for someone wanting to launch their career and having to pay for their education, it is foolish to pay more at another University for equal opportunity.

Wick250:
For decades, the YSU pre-med program has been preparing students for NEOCOM in Rootstown, and for, as Nation points out, every other med school in the country.  I am not buying this.  This reminds me of a Boldon recruit from West Virginia who started at point guard as a freshman and then transferred, citing academic reasons.  Where did she end up?  At some podunk branch of West Virginia.  That is like transferring from YSU to Kent-Trumbull.

ytownchief22:
My guess is playing time. YSU went pretty small this year, relying on the 3 point shot, more than I think Barnes wanted. Regardless, it frees up another scholly.

popsicle:
Just noticed Bryce Nichols on the current NCAA transfer list..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version