YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Who is gone?

<< < (9/12) > >>

Wick250:
By the second half of the Horizon League schedule, when Cash or Jackson got into foul trouble, Barnes often went with four guards rather than one of these women.  A sure sign they were not ready, or perhaps from what I saw in their limited minutes, not quick enough to compete in the Horizon League.  Who knows for sure.

We have already signed three players for next season: 6'2" - 6"0 - 5'11."  We might still be fine underneath but, obviously except for Cash, very inexperienced.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 29, 2016, 12:51:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 28, 2016, 11:43:03 PM ---Marissa Brown and Jill Blacksten are both transferring out from the women's program... Very interesting.

--- End quote ---
They both are Freshman and are the two tallest player on the team. What is going on here? Not enough minutes?

--- End quote ---

I heard that Jill Blacksten transferred to better her chances at getting into med. school.  Nothing wrong with YSU, but there were some courses she needed and didn't get in order to have the credit hours to apply for the biological science curriculum.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on March 29, 2016, 04:05:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on March 29, 2016, 12:51:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 28, 2016, 11:43:03 PM ---Marissa Brown and Jill Blacksten are both transferring out from the women's program... Very interesting.

--- End quote ---
They both are Freshman and are the two tallest player on the team. What is going on here? Not enough minutes?

--- End quote ---

I heard that Jill Blacksten transferred to better her chances at getting into med. school.  Nothing wrong with YSU, but there were some courses she needed and didn't get in order to have the credit hours to apply for the biological science curriculum.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunate but cannot blame the girl at all.

Penguin Nation:
Although quite some time ago, I was a bio major at YSU.  It doesn't add up.  Not saying it is not related to her major or courses or future ambitions, but there must be much more info here that's not available.  Not able to get a required course in bio?  Unless there has been a radical cutback in course availability....no way.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on March 29, 2016, 07:11:26 PM ---Although quite some time ago, I was a bio major at YSU.  It doesn't add up.  Not saying it is not related to her major or courses or future ambitions, but there must be much more info here that's not available.  Not able to get a required course in bio?  Unless there has been a radical cutback in course availability....no way.

--- End quote ---

I am sure I didn't hear all of the story, but then it is in the 'none of my business' file.  I don't believe she or her family regret the decision to start at YSU and I will give her the benefit of the doubt.  The bio science field at YSU, like engineering, has grown faster than they can get qualified professors. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version