YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Donlon fired at WSU.

<< < (7/9) > >>

popsicle:
Slocum did have the opportunity to hire Holtmann several years back...as an assistant...prior to him getting the HC job at Gardner Webb.  In fact, went so far as an interview. They didn't hit it off. In Holtman's words...well I won't repeat it. Amazing how things work out! Never try to improve....which oftentimes involves change...you have what you have. Or....as you always hear..."it is what it is".

ysubigred:
Since this is an off topic thred,,

You got to admire UNI for it's Basketball program. Just can't get over the fact they still have the tendency to CHOKE  8) :o :)

Penguin Nation:
Ray McCallum has been fired by UDM after compiling a .478 HL win % in 8 years and took UDM to both the NCAA tournament and NIT tournament.

For comparison's sake, in the land of the absurd, Slocum = o.297 after 11 years...no NCAA tournament....no NIT....contract just extended....

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 01, 2016, 06:45:06 PM ---Ray McCallum has been fired by UDM after compiling a .478 HL win % in 8 years and took UDM to both the NCAA tournament and NIT tournament.

For comparison's sake, in the land of the absurd, Slocum = o.297 after 11 years...no NCAA tournament....no NIT....contract just extended....

--- End quote ---

Again ...show me the football program. He makes more than Bo Pelini. In fact about Bo and one of his coordinators would be the same salary as Ray McCallum. They said McCallum's salary in 2008 when hired was $380k. We can only assume it is higher now. He is a career .500 coach that will always be employed because of his race ...and the next place he goes he will not have a talented son that he can use for leverage, unless he has another at home.

IAA Fan:
Also, I might add we are not a Catholic School, so we lack some of the non-athletic / non-academic scholarships. We are also not in Detroit. All of this being said, if McCallum was here we would be a .500 team (at best) with a salary outlay of 2-to-3 times what we have now ...and I would be very angry at Strollo; as would all of you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version