YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Donlon fired at WSU.

<< < (4/9) > >>

popsicle:
My comment regarding 11K vs. 13K per win was meant as an attempt at sarcasm. If we paid Slocum 390K...and he went 30-0...he would only cost 13K per win! Some now mention ROI....I see nether a return or an investment.
I will not though, buy into the belief that there is not an option for improvement at the current pay scale.....or viable options to improve the pay scale.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 18, 2016, 11:00:13 AM ---This tread about $ / win is about the silliest thing I recall reading for quite a while. (At least since the banning of Paladin!)  Who is their right mind measures that?  Do you think JT sits down and says "well Slocum only cost #11K/win and that is good value, let's keep him"?  Come on, do you guys think like that?  And don't even think about telling me that JT isn't the AD and so he doesn't make that decision! 
Question is, do you have enough to offer to get a real quality young stud coach to come to Youngstown OH?  Sometimes there are factors other than just wins.  Every coach and school in the country demands over 50% wins, and presents an interesting math problem, doesn't it?  I saw a blog the other day questioning Thad Matta's coaching ability for failing to make the big dance!  How ridiculous is that?

--- End quote ---

Not to change the subject, but the reason that you are seeing things about Matta is because Archie Miller at UD wants the job & he is the hottest coach in the US right now.

As to our playing, there are a couple of things that people need to consider ...but the bottom line is that our administration knows our record and our program's capabilities. You should also think that the conference does as well. Both of these things factor into why we have the records that we do. Everyone prioritizes & we simply have priorities elsewhere. I will say this ...I am confident that YSU men's basketball is never going to pay for itself, let alone other sports programs

popsicle:
I agree....as long as you have administrators with the mindset and beliefs you do....you are correct!
There's nothing like playing on a "team" with "teammates" who always say "can't".

jbags:
Middle Tennessee winning today proves it could happen...not nearly as unattainable as you might think...Wisconsin Milwaukee fired Jeter...other programs go for it...football rules here but Middle has football too

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: jbags on March 18, 2016, 05:07:11 PM ---Middle Tennessee winning today proves it could happen...not nearly as unattainable as you might think...Wisconsin Milwaukee fired Jeter...other programs go for it...football rules here but Middle has football too

--- End quote ---

Yes they do have football, HBCU status and membership in Conference USA. So with all the complaining people do about affording the MAC, just what do you think the odds of us being able to afford CUSA? The more applicable thing to note is that UWM and WSU DO NOT have football.

Speaking of which, off to practice. GOGUINS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version