YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (2/14) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 17, 2016, 02:25:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 17, 2016, 11:06:09 AM ---I wasn't able to make it out yesterday so I had to rely on the vindy and as you said they offered very little except talking up Wells who apparently gained 20 lbs this offseason.

--- End quote ---
One thing about Wells.  Gaining 20# won't slow him down any!

--- End quote ---

Fantastic

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on March 17, 2016, 08:10:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on March 17, 2016, 12:08:15 PM ---Anyone know where linemen Matt Bell and Chuck Zaborsky are this spring?  They aren't on the roster, but both saw considerable action last year.

--- End quote ---

Injuries took their toll.  By the end of the season, Matt could not raise his arms above his shoulders due to shoulder problems.  Chuck had similar injuries.  Too bad.  Good kids and good players.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update.  The Oline depth takes a hit without these two.  Good luck to them in the future.

Penguin Nation:
Sad to see Mahone injured after having to deal with injuries at Notre Dame.  I hope it mends fast.

Sounds like Hosick making progress.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/mar/19/ysu-transfer-looks-impressive/

ytownchief22:
Hosick will eventually become the starter if he keeps progressing in the right direction. Bo likes his running QB's and Hosick gives them the best chance to win.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Offensive line- What I've always liked about coach Bricillo is his ability to produce versatility with his players. Spencer, Eisenhuth, and Colucci will be solid leaders and starters up front. I look for Vitas to become the starting center over Newsome. He has the best footwork of any of the lineman and will be a punishing run blocker. We never really found the solution last year at left tackle after the Strickland situation. Fraser did however improve to a degree as the season went on. I look for a 4 way battle between Fraser, Rotheram, Wiggins, and Zinni. Working against the likes of Rivers and Moss will only make them better, but their overall quickness to protect the backside concerns me. I would personally like to see Vitas make the transition to tackle, but we would be giving up to much at the center position

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version