YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (10/14) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
In the scrimmage yesterday Hosick and Davis were allowed to be tackled in the pocket and runs to the outside and Hunter wasn't..Interesting

IAA Fan:
I respect your point Go Guins, but Davis has never been this solid. I might add that Tressel's QB' seldom threw the ball; where an offense like Montgomery's works the other way around, with Wells doing fine (until a point last season), and his predecessor (whom seldom ran) did well in it. I think this is what Chief is saying. Like you I wondered about Davis, doing well in spring and early summer, but this year he is a different person. Again he is doing extremely well.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 24, 2016, 07:33:36 PM ---I respect your point Go Guins, but Davis has never been this solid. I might add that Tressel's QB' seldom threw the ball; where an offense like Montgomery's works the other way around, with Wells doing fine (until a point last season), and his predecessor (whom seldom ran) did well in it. I think this is what Chief is saying. Like you I wondered about Davis, doing well in spring and early summer, but this year he is a different person. Again he is doing extremely well.

--- End quote ---
1AA, you are making me want to fill the Paladin roll with comments about blind optimism, drinking the Kool-Aid etc!   
All I’m saying is hope springs eternal in spring practice.  Everybody looks good with no pressure (both physical and emotional)  But when the LB’s start to bare down, Trent and maybe Hunter will rise to the top.  We didn’t go out and get a Big12 recruit to back up Ricky Davis.
1AA, you've been around plenty long enough to know what you see in spring means virtually -0- come opening night.  My Detriot Lions analogy does have relevance in this, 4-0 in practice and 0-16 in games.  Only the games count.

IAA Fan:
Good points, but there are things that you see in camp that you cannot see in a game ...like raw talent, speed, footwork, etc.. In camp you can take more out of your "bag-of-tricks" and show-off. In a game, there is no time for this. You run the OC's plays & that is it. I am merely saying that this is the best spring that Davis has had in the three that I have seen. Wells is still penciled in as my #1 unless, or until, someone else steps up. Best camp QB performance is still Mays. I was not sure that he had "the goods" until last week.

go guins:
"Best camp QB performance is still Mays."
Yep, my best bet to replace Dante Nania as starting QB!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version