YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (9/14) > >>

ytownchief22:
Heard a rumor about them trying to bring a DT FBS transfer but have not been able to confirm yet.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Nice article today in the Vindicator on Ricky Davis. Nice to see him step up and improve..

go guins:
   FEVER, thanks, and I'll miss your updates.
Chief, I agree it is nice to see kids stepping up; it bodes well for them in their adult lives, because as the commercial says, almost none of them will make their living in athletics.  IMO this is the most depth we've ever had at QB.  Good grief, Mays is no better than 4th, and I think, given a chance, eventually he could play.  I suppose he is the heir apparent to Nania!
I agree with fever, it would be nice to have some of the excess QB depth at DL, and he is also right, with the 1AA depth, health is always a big issue.  I think the key player for us this season is Moore and he looks like a no-go so far.  Too bad, he seems like a kid with a great attitude.

ytownchief22:
I've always thought that Davis has the most upside to his game if he could be more consistent with his throwing. Looks like he's starting to get going on and that's a nice sight to see.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 24, 2016, 10:26:05 AM ---I've always thought that Davis has the most upside to his game if he could be more consistent with his throwing. Looks like he's starting to get going on and that's a nice sight to see.

--- End quote ---
  I don't know what upside means with a QB that can't throw consistently.  To me it reads like "he is a good pitcher that can't throw, a good fielder who can't catch, and a good freestyler who can't swim.  99% of the time, this is terminal to a QB's performance.  Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have it; Weedon and Derrick Anderson do not.  If you measured arm strength, (IE, the way Paladin looked at measuring QBs) Manning and Brady were never in the top half of the NFL QB's yet are all-time GREATS.  Because they can read and throw accurately.  I don't see this in Davis, not at all.  Remember, spring practice is for conditioning and learning the system.  Performance means NOTHING.  In the history of the NFL, one team and one only finished 0-16.  Their record in preseason that year?  4-0  And NFL preseason is much more meaningful than college spring practice.  AI isn’t all wrong:  “what are we talking??  PRATICE?  We’re talking PRATICE?!?!?”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version