YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (7/14) > >>

ytownchief22:
Everybody is going have to different opinions about the QB. Don't need to pencil in a starter in the spring, long way to go.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 22, 2016, 01:38:26 AM ---Everybody is going have to different opinions about the QB. Don't need to pencil in a starter in the spring, long way to go.

--- End quote ---
Couldn't agree more.  In fact, posted a week ago that we will be deep into FALL practice before we have an idea who will start, and even then we will see some kind of a rotation.

What's with the bickering beteen posters here?  You guys miss Paladin?

Penguin Nation:
I'd really like to see Will thrive here back home in Youngstown.  This must be very frustrating for him.  I hope he mends quickly and gets back on the field.  Unfortunately, there are many other key injuries with Kuhn, Moore, and Harvin.

From the Vindy:

"....senior receiver Will Mahone (Austintown Fitch) was wearing a walking-boot and missed his second consecutive session. He exited Friday’s practice after injuring his ankle and may be done for the spring schedule.

“We won’t know that for about another 24-48 hours,” Pelini said. “He had a foot injury before he came here. So it might be something we have to get fixed or it may just be something where we need a little bit of time.

“But I think regardless of what happens, he’ll be ready for fall camp.” "

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/mar/22/jackrabbits-influence/

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I hope everything works out for the injured. I especially hate to see that for both Ryan and Mahone. In the 2015 class I thought we signed some bigger running backs in the 225 plus range, but they are know where to be found on the roster. Don't get me wrong I love all of our running backs and they are dynamic, but it's just that element of power between the tackles THAT REALLY HURT US LAST YEAR. Other Missouri conference teams have never had problems like this. Heck the running back from Robert Morris was what 250 plus pounds and he out ran most of our defenders..why the problem?

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 19, 2016, 08:49:46 PM ---Good insight Fever. Any word on the WR's? Very interested to see how that group turns out.

--- End quote ---
One of the younger WR's really stood out to me on Monday. # 81 RFR Ryan Emans. He's possibly one of the best route runner's we have and created lots of separation and caught everything that was thrown his way.. Julian Edelman type of mentality

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version