YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (5/14) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I think at one point during Ricky's redshirt freshman season they were contemplating a possible move with Ricky and then he jumped ahead of Dante and into the back up role. It was obvious  they would've liked to have him on the field in some capacity, but the depth at the quarterback position was limited and Hunter was playing good. I always thought there could be some good packages for him as a combination H-Back/TE lined up in the slot, but that never transpired. That would've been a plus this past season considering the injury to Moore, but then again not enough depth at the Qb position

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on March 21, 2016, 10:09:47 AM ---We pretend 2015 never happened.  I actually see parallels between Slocum's contract renewal and Wells.

Regarding Wells, he has impressed in Spring practice before.  Have his proven issues: lack of mobility, lack of progressions leading to a single read, and a lack of grit leading to dropping knees and sliding to avoid contact...been resolved?  How could they be?....because it would require a different skill set and different attitude and toughness that he does not have.  Gaining weight doesn't fix that.

Want another 5-6 record?....then do exactly what we did in 2015.

--- End quote ---
Bo will play the Qb who gives the team the best chance to win. It could be just 1 or a rotation all over again. Coming off a 5-6 season this isn't about keeping anyone happy or keeping promises that might have been made.These coaches are coaching for their reputations and jobs every single day. I do however think they will keep this battle going as long as possible(Deep into the fall camp) to make each player better and improve upon that position and prevent any Qb from transferring out. As a coaching staff behind closed doors I look for them to have their answer by the end of spring

FOOTBALLFEVER:
1AAFan do you have any thoughts on the Saturday practice? Im going out today to check out the "D" Hopefully they have it outside

YSUGO:
I trust the coaching staff on the QB competiton. I laugh on how Wells is everybody whipping boy for last year.  Why not whip his starting left tackle for not being a leader and getting dismissed off the team.  Why not whip the constant dropped passes that his receiving Corp dropped time after time.  Why not rip the fumbles that our RB did last year his name escapes me .  Why not rip Patty V. Our commish for allowing instant replay if u had it but if you don't that's okay 2017 is okay for all to have no replay we win on the stupid slide Wells did.  I bet if he had to do it over he wouldn't have done that.  To question a kids toughness on here shows how classless you are. I think the kid was A captain on the team as a sophomore.  That's rare.  Did he screw up sure did .  He is a sophomore going to happen. Why not b**** about the bad special teams.  It's a team game and you win as a team lose as a team.  This team might only go 6-5 next year and if Hosick or Davis is the starter are you going to scream for their heads too.  Let's see how this goes and Go Penguins.

Penguin Nation:
Facts speak for themselves.  Minus 44 yards rushing for the season.  Throws pick 6's because he can't run and can't buy time with his legs.  One read for same reason.

Those are HIS issues.  No one else's.  Sure the O-line could've bought him more time, but Davis had a higher passing efficiency was our third leading rusher with the same O-line and same receivers.

A QB who sacrifices yards or a score for avoiding contact is not a D1 QB, and is not tough. 

Classless?  Lick my a$$ and GO PENGUINS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version