YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Football Practice Updates

<< < (3/14) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Quarterbacks- My thoughts after taking in two practices. What really surprised me the most was the increased weight that Hunter put on. His footwork and overall quickness is better then a season ago and I honestly did not expect that. He has definitely brought his "A" game into spring ball and seems to be embracing this challenge. His throwing ability from the pocket is very impressive. Hosick has improved from day one untill now and that's a really good sign. He seemed to struggle the most throwing from the pocket. He had a difficult time finding throwing lanes and reading coverages from the pocket. He can definitely throw outside of the pocket on the run and they are expanding their playbook to fit that strength of run/pass option. To this point Ricky has been struggling and could be coming to grips of being the third string. I just hope that Bo and Shane are  on the same page, but I think they share different beliefs..For  now I have Wells (1) Hosick(2) Davis (3)..We will find out much more when the bullets start flying

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Running Backs- I'm so glad Ryan is finally back and healthy. I would estimate his weight over 220 and he's much stronger and faster then in his freshman campaign. He will be able to gain positive yards between the tackles at will. Reducing the risk of of injury to Ruiz and Webb in the process. To find a big back like him on this level that can catch and block as well as he does is rare. McAster looked pretty good to me in practice and would be a solid backup in relief

ytownchief22:
Good insight Fever. Any word on the WR's? Very interested to see how that group turns out.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Tight End- Coach Ganz seems like a hands on coach and is learning a great deal from coach Bricillo. He's coming into a great situation working with a talented group of tight ends. This is one group that I'm really not concerned about and demonstrate great blocking and catching abilities with plenty of depth. I'm very surprised they didn't move Mark Shuler to the DE position. I feel we are very thin in that area with depth and he can definitely play at that position

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I'm sure there's probably close to15-20 receivers on the active roster. Just waiting on some of the younger guys to step up. There are the injuries to Harvin and Mahone. I really don't care who the 1,2 and 3 are as long as they can catch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version