Author Topic: Looks like Slocum will be back!  (Read 56620 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like Slocum will be back!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 07:09:44 PM »
Slocum's best season (10-8) would be considered mediocre by most HL teams, and a terrible season by 3-4 teams.

Maybe, if all goes well, we will rise to the level of mediocre again.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
It's all a broken record. Nothing will change until he's gone. I will not be at another game.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
Unreal .   Let's see how many players transfer out.   We are  a national joke.  Beeghly will be so empty next year.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:49 PM »
Strollo needs to address media explaining why he is keeping Slocum.   Man up and address media

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:31 PM »
He can't reply to the media.  It is all about $$$.  YSU has no money to replace him.  He makes $150,000 and Tress knows that he needs more $$$ to land a coach that can get the program going in the right direction.  YSU is laying off professors, laying off support staff and he cannot justify paying $200,000 for a new coach.  That is why Strollo cannot address the media...he is backing Tress on this and has to tow the company line.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:55 PM »
Can't wait to see the attendance numbers next year!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
He can't reply to the media.  It is all about $$$.  YSU has no money to replace him.  He makes $150,000 and Tress knows that he needs more $$$ to land a coach that can get the program going in the right direction.  YSU is laying off professors, laying off support staff and he cannot justify paying $200,000 for a new coach.  That is why Strollo cannot address the media...he is backing Tress on this and has to tow the company line.

Playing an additional $$ game would raise more than the $$ needed...assuming an earnest young ambitious coach wouldn't accept $150K in an area with the nation's lowest cost-of-living....a false assumption I strongly suspect.

Otherwise, the funding issues are not going to improve....if we accept that reason....Slocum is here until he no longer wishes to be.....and if the logic is he is the only one who would work for $150k...then we shut the program down or hire one of his inept assistants when he leaves?

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
A world gone mad:

http://www.thejambar.com/slocum-returns/

I guess the goal of continued losing is official now.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »
I keep telling myself that the administration has a special coach to take the job, but due to their circumstances they can't take the job until after next season.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »

Playing an additional $$ game would raise more than the $$ needed...assuming an earnest young ambitious coach wouldn't accept $150K in an area with the nation's lowest cost-of-living....a false assumption I strongly suspect.

Otherwise, the funding issues are not going to improve....if we accept that reason....Slocum is here until he no longer wishes to be.....and if the logic is he is the only one who would work for $150k...then we shut the program down or hire one of his inept assistants when he leaves?

Although I am not as rude as you are ...this is what I have been saying for quite some time now. How can people not understand this? In actuality, neither Slocum nor his assistant is inept ...quite good actually. We could not touch anyone else as qualified at our dollars. We can luck into someone, but that is about it.

There is a conference aspect to this, but I do not wish to bring that up on a public forum.

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »
All I know is ..the guy doesn't win and too many players leave to build anything sustainable... How can we not do better? Conference aspect? The heck does that mean?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »

Although I am not as rude as you are ...this is what I have been saying for quite some time now. How can people not understand this? In actuality, neither Slocum nor his assistant is inept ...quite good actually. We could not touch anyone else as qualified at our dollars. We can luck into someone, but that is about it.

There is a conference aspect to this, but I do not wish to bring that up on a public forum.

Funniest statement of the year. His record speaks for itself.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »

neither Slocum nor his assistant is inept ...quite good actually.

April Fools!! You had me going there for a minute.  :D

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »
I cannot believe this is happening...I keep thinking it's a dream and I'll wake up.  Once again, the university and Strollo show how much they care about YSU men's basketball.  Is the Youngstown area media going to write any editorials about this?   

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
Wow, what an amazing game last night...one for the ages.  But at YSU we are content with a losing men's basketball team...with an occasionally mediocre team to keep our spirits high.