YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (18/19) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 18, 2016, 02:38:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: jbags on April 18, 2016, 09:40:12 AM ---The bottom line is that our coach hasn't been able to fix our problems and has had over a decade to do so...we have to be the only program in the country that would not only accept that but compound it by extending his contract :-\

--- End quote ---
I'll bet you a couple bucks that isn't accurate. 
You are saying there isn’t another coach with a losing MBB record with a contract extension?  Not one in the whole country?  Bet there are more than you think.  This thought about ANYBODY could do much better and I read that again on the tread within the last couple days, simply isn’t true.  You hate mongers simply aren’t realistic.

--- End quote ---

I'll repost Wick's comments here:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 08, 2016, 11:25:56 AM ---If you are interested in facts rather than opinion, continue to read this post.  I received some interesting information from a former poster who is the best researcher that this board had ever seen.  He crunched the data about those coaches who had never been to the NCAA tournament and also data about DI coaches with longer tenures at their schools than Slocum.  As of last week, there were just three other coaches who had been around longer than Slocum, still employed, and who had never made the big tournament.  Today that number has diminished to one, as Yale finally got in the big show and Drexel fired their coach.  The guy at William and Mary has won just 40% of his games, but he has just posted three straight winning seasons in his conference.  More importantly, he had led his team to the finals of his conference tournament FOUR times.  So Slocum stands alone, indicted by the evidence for a terrible record and the absence of any team accomplishments.  The worst long-tenured coach in Division I basketball.

--- End quote ---

jbags:
2 winning seasons (barely) in 11 years surely isn't dumping a coach after a losing season ...find me a school that has had 9 losing seasons in 11 years with the same head coach...add to that fact that players leave the program each and every season ...I think some of you people are just numb to all the losing  seasons...yup its hard to recruit here but but that is getting old...old as all the losing seasons ...get a young go getter in here and see if at least 1 entire recruiting class will stay for 4 years

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 18, 2016, 08:47:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 17, 2016, 09:18:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 17, 2016, 05:22:27 PM ---The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that there is a problem.

--- End quote ---

Again, do not even see how that applies.

--- End quote ---

You don't see it because you don't want to, and because you are also an enabler.

In the metaphor I used, the firemen ( the YSU AD) could have at least tried to "fix it."  Instead of cooking brats ( collecting income while unaccountable) they could have at least poured their beers on the flame ( replaced Slocum with...well anyone..).  The "MBB was always this way" is just an absurd excuse to accept failure.

What really amazes me is not just the defense of squandered opportunity for the University and community, but the acceptance of low expectations. Maybe that's why Ytown now officially has a criminal mayor. NDSU FB IMPROVED after Bohl left. We didn't have to drop in FB after JT left. If there is the will, than there's a way. Success doesn't have to be something you watch others have. YSU can be great at anything it wants to be

As long as a defeatist attitude reigns in the AD and the community, the loses will continue. Demand better!  This is your community, your school, and your team!

--- End quote ---

No I don't see how it applies. Just what am I not seeing? What ...you are the only person that knows our historical MBB record? Well you had better tell Ron Strollo, he may want to know what it is. BTW, NDSU is really not as good now, but then again, they really never lost their coach. They just hired someone that is okay with not placing his mark on the program.

You should also admit to the fact that you only care about FB and MBB and it is under those sports that you judge how great our sports are. Pretty biassed don't you think?

This thread has become just idiotic. I may have to shut it down, but it has somewhat kept you from polluting legitimate threads with your incessant anti-Stroll and anti-Slocum crap.

ELPENGUIN:
I believe P Nation and J Bags should be banned.  Very tired of hearing the same same. I have an idea how about the two of you not attend any more games at YSU.  As matter of fact I never see either of you two at any other non-revenue sporting events.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 18, 2016, 02:47:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on April 18, 2016, 02:38:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: jbags on April 18, 2016, 09:40:12 AM ---The bottom line is that our coach hasn't been able to fix our problems and has had over a decade to do so...we have to be the only program in the country that would not only accept that but compound it by extending his contract :-\

--- End quote ---
I'll bet you a couple bucks that isn't accurate. 
You are saying there isn’t another coach with a losing MBB record with a contract extension?  Not one in the whole country?  Bet there are more than you think.  This thought about ANYBODY could do much better and I read that again on the tread within the last couple days, simply isn’t true.  You hate mongers simply aren’t realistic.

--- End quote ---

I'll repost Wick's comments here:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 08, 2016, 11:25:56 AM ---If you are interested in facts rather than opinion, continue to read this post.  I received some interesting information from a former poster who is the best researcher that this board had ever seen.  He crunched the data about those coaches who had never been to the NCAA tournament and also data about DI coaches with longer tenures at their schools than Slocum.  As of last week, there were just three other coaches who had been around longer than Slocum, still employed, and who had never made the big tournament.  Today that number has diminished to one, as Yale finally got in the big show and Drexel fired their coach.  The guy at William and Mary has won just 40% of his games, but he has just posted three straight winning seasons in his conference.  More importantly, he had led his team to the finals of his conference tournament FOUR times.  So Slocum stands alone, indicted by the evidence for a terrible record and the absence of any team accomplishments.  The worst long-tenured coach in Division I basketball.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I'm OK with Wick's post, but that isn't what you said, and it isn't what I challenged.  Wick’s post included long tenure and you didn’t.  What I said, I stand behind.  Bet you there are more than one losing coach with an extended contract. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version