YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (16/19) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote ---The Fire Department shows up for a house fire.  After arriving, they cook brats and smores with the flame, and after the house burned down and the fire burnt itself out, the homeowner asked, " Why didn't you fix it?"  A fireman replied, "it was that way when we got here!"
--- End quote ---

Is that analogy supposed to mean something resembling YSU? How do you "fix" a burning house? Do me a favor and create list of every sport since Strollo took over Then you tell me how many improved vs. deteriorated. Or do you just feel the need to replace Paladin as a pretend fan?

Buddy I could care less if we dropped MBB tomorrow I would be happy to see some better baseball. There is not a single human on planet earth that cares as much about Slocum as you two & you do not even know why you feel that way. It certainly is not because YSU ever had a winning DI MBB program before him. So do us all a favor and change the record.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 17, 2016, 05:22:27 PM ---The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that there is a problem.

--- End quote ---

Again, do not even see how that applies.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 17, 2016, 09:18:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on April 17, 2016, 05:22:27 PM ---The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that there is a problem.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I double down on both of 1AA's latest comments here.  I simply don't get the vast majority of this tread.  Yes, he has a loosing record playing 1A MBB.  Tressel would have had a losing record playing 1A football as well. 

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 17, 2016, 09:18:51 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You don't see it because you don't want to, and because you are also an enabler.

In the metaphor I used, the firemen ( the YSU AD) could have at least tried to "fix it."  Instead of cooking brats ( collecting income while unaccountable) they could have at least poured their beers on the flame ( replaced Slocum with...well anyone..).  The "MBB was always this way" is just an absurd excuse to accept failure.

What really amazes me is not just the defense of squandered opportunity for the University and community, but the acceptance of low expectations. Maybe that's why Ytown now officially has a criminal mayor. NDSU FB IMPROVED after Bohl left. We didn't have to drop in FB after JT left. If there is the will, than there's a way. Success doesn't have to be something you watch others have. YSU can be great at anything it wants to be

As long as a defeatist attitude reigns in the AD and the community, the loses will continue. Demand better!  This is your community, your school, and your team!

go guins:
"NDSU FB IMPROVED after Bohl left"
That's questionable.  Can't tell until new guy has all his own players.

"We didn't have to drop in FB after JT left."
That is offically a stupid comment! 

"Ytown now officially has a criminal mayor"
While unfortunately true, it has -0- bearing on YSU MBB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version