YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (2/19) > >>

Penguin Nation:
From today's Vindy:

"It’s a game that may mark the end of Slocum’s 11-year tenure at YSU.

Slocum — who won the 700th game of his 41-year head-coaching career earlier this season — is in the final year of his contract. His record is 129-209 with the Penguins, who are 11-20 overall and 6-12 in the Horizon League this season.

YSU athletic director Ron Strollo has yet to have contract discussions with Slocum.

“We’ll look at it after the season,” Strollo said in a phone call on Thursday. “Anywhere between the end of this season and beginning of the next season.”

When asked if YSU’s showing in this weekend’s conference tournament holds any great significance in deciding Slocum’s fate, Strollo said: “I think you put the whole thing into perspective. It’s just part of the whole evaluation.” "

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/mar/04/college-basketball-ysu-slocum-get-third-/

What??  You'll look at it after the season?  An 11 year body of work is insufficient?...a few tournament games may overturn an 11 year record of incompetence?? Are you f***ing kidding me? Maybe you'll wait as long as the "beginning of the next season."??  WTF??  Has anyone checked the lead levels in Strollo's neighborhood?  How can he be anymore of a complete f***ing moron?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
So let me get this straight..YSU fires men's football coach Eric Wolford who was a quality coach/person and proven winner that the players respected and considers keeping Slocum..Makes perfect sense😉

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on March 04, 2016, 10:33:42 AM ---So let me get this straight..YSU fires men's football coach Eric Wolford who was a quality coach/person and proven winner that the players respected and considers keeping Slocum..Makes perfect sense😉

--- End quote ---

Wolford was 6 sandwiches short of a picnic and he was a bad leader.

gbs20:
One of the reasons Peters left YSU was that Tressel the AD didnt support MBB.  The downward spiral started there.

Dmorton:
Didn't take long to get behind by double digits. Thanks for not showing up!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version