YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (10/19) > >>

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on April 05, 2016, 09:43:29 AM ---But at YSU we are content with a losing men's basketball team...
--- End quote ---

Frustrating.  Isn't it.

IAA Fan:
Yes it was a good game, but just because Nova is similar to us in football does not mean that we will ever be similar to them in basketball. So I see no correlation, other than both teams play basketball. I want it as well, but my sights a set a bit more realistic.

go guins:
College basketball is much different than college football. 
What we need in BB is 1AA (not our Dan, but a second level playing for a different national championship)
You simply can't have YSU competing with better towns and programs and expect any success. 
This link is to the worst places to live in Ohio. Guess who is finally #1 in something?  Yup, it's us!

http://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-places-to-live-in-ohio/

Big time MBB players are NOT going to come to YSU.  Big time FB players don't either, but 1AA allows us to compete on a fairly level playing field with other places similar.  Having only 1A in BB is just silly IMO.  Issue is NOT us moving up in FB.  Rather it is the NCAA creating a second level in BB like FB. 

Penguin Nick:
Are you kidding?  I don't EVER want a 1AA in basketball, this would completely destroy the tournament.  You already have a 1AA in basketball...it's called Division 2.  I'll take college basketball just as it is.  It's YSU who needs to re-evaluate how they operate their basketball program...not a restructuring of college basketball that is needed.  Northern Iowa would much rather go to the Round of 32 or the Sweet 16 than win a 1AA Basketball Championship.

And I was not comparing YSU to Villanova in basketball but we both do play 1AA Football.   

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on April 06, 2016, 09:34:03 AM ---Are you kidding?  I don't EVER want a 1AA in basketball, this would completely destroy the tournament.  You already have a 1AA in basketball...it's called Division 2.  I'll take college basketball just as it is.  It's YSU who needs to re-evaluate how they operate their basketball program...not a restructuring of college basketball that is needed.  Northern Iowa would much rather go to the Round of 32 or the Sweet 16 than win a 1AA Basketball Championship.

And I was not comparing YSU to Villanova in basketball but we both do play 1AA Football.

--- End quote ---
For maybe one school every couple years, out of hundreds of schools and thousands of athletes, maybe.  Same is true for 1A vs 1AA football.  NDSU would have played in a 1A bowl the last couple years (roughly the round of 32 or Sweet 16 level)   and that would have been it.  One, maybe 2 schools a year. The Peach Bowl or whatever, and usually lose.  You say UNI is happier, but are you saying NDSU players would have been happier playing Georgia State in the Cure Bowl rather than competing for and winning another national title?  I don't think so and I'll bet you 2 things.  1AA basketball would cost less that 1A to be competitive (as is true BIG TIME in football) and it would be much more fun to be competitive than non-competitive as almost every 1AA football school is at 1A basketball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version