YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (8/19) > >>

ytownchief22:
Can't wait to see the attendance numbers next year!!

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on March 08, 2016, 10:25:31 PM ---He can't reply to the media.  It is all about $$$.  YSU has no money to replace him.  He makes $150,000 and Tress knows that he needs more $$$ to land a coach that can get the program going in the right direction.  YSU is laying off professors, laying off support staff and he cannot justify paying $200,000 for a new coach.  That is why Strollo cannot address the media...he is backing Tress on this and has to tow the company line.

--- End quote ---

Playing an additional $$ game would raise more than the $$ needed...assuming an earnest young ambitious coach wouldn't accept $150K in an area with the nation's lowest cost-of-living....a false assumption I strongly suspect.

Otherwise, the funding issues are not going to improve....if we accept that reason....Slocum is here until he no longer wishes to be.....and if the logic is he is the only one who would work for $150k...then we shut the program down or hire one of his inept assistants when he leaves?

Penguin Nation:
A world gone mad:

http://www.thejambar.com/slocum-returns/

I guess the goal of continued losing is official now.

ysuguins4:
I keep telling myself that the administration has a special coach to take the job, but due to their circumstances they can't take the job until after next season.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on March 09, 2016, 08:50:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: peteonastick on March 08, 2016, 10:25:31 PM ---He can't reply to the media.  It is all about $$$.  YSU has no money to replace him.  He makes $150,000 and Tress knows that he needs more $$$ to land a coach that can get the program going in the right direction.  YSU is laying off professors, laying off support staff and he cannot justify paying $200,000 for a new coach.  That is why Strollo cannot address the media...he is backing Tress on this and has to tow the company line.

--- End quote ---

Playing an additional $$ game would raise more than the $$ needed...assuming an earnest young ambitious coach wouldn't accept $150K in an area with the nation's lowest cost-of-living....a false assumption I strongly suspect.

Otherwise, the funding issues are not going to improve....if we accept that reason....Slocum is here until he no longer wishes to be.....and if the logic is he is the only one who would work for $150k...then we shut the program down or hire one of his inept assistants when he leaves?

--- End quote ---

Although I am not as rude as you are ...this is what I have been saying for quite some time now. How can people not understand this? In actuality, neither Slocum nor his assistant is inept ...quite good actually. We could not touch anyone else as qualified at our dollars. We can luck into someone, but that is about it.

There is a conference aspect to this, but I do not wish to bring that up on a public forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version