YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Looks like Slocum will be back!

<< < (5/19) > >>

Dmorton:
Funny, he talks about how good we will be in the future because of all the freshmen and sophomores he's be playing.  Hell, he should have been doing that all along years ago instead of always playing a rotation of 6 or 7 juniors and seniors.  No wonder half the team transfers every season!  How many of the core players will depart this year?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
It's official, Slocum to return for another season.  Hard to believe, but true.   

ytownchief22:
And the downfall of YSU Men's Basketball continues.... If it can get any worse.

YsuPride:
Unbelievable is all I can say.  No fans no money but let's keep Slocum.  Good luck with that.  Mayne 12th year is the charm.  NOT

Wick250:
If you are interested in facts rather than opinion, continue to read this post.  I received some interesting information from a former poster who is the best researcher that this board had ever seen.  He crunched the data about those coaches who had never been to the NCAA tournament and also data about DI coaches with longer tenures at their schools than Slocum.  As of last week, there were just three other coaches who had been around longer than Slocum, still employed, and who had never made the big tournament.  Today that number has diminished to one, as Yale finally got in the big show and Drexel fired their coach.  The guy at William and Mary has won just 40% of his games, but he has just posted three straight winning seasons in his conference.  More importantly, he had led his team to the finals of his conference tournament FOUR times.  So Slocum stands alone, indicted by the evidence for a terrible record and the absence of any team accomplishments.  The worst long-tenured coach in Division I basketball.

Want more facts?  We all know about the poor record but have you ever really examined it?  Here is the conference record for Slocum over his eleven seasons as posted on the YSU website.

4-12
7-9
5-13
7-11
2-16
2-16
10-8
7-9
6-10
2-14
6-12

Is it any wonder why interest in YSU men's basketball is now about equivalent to that high school-age hockey that they play in the Covelli Center.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version