YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ricky & Roth On Rookery Radio

<< < (11/12) > >>

Wick250:
Fever,

From your observations at the practices, do any redshirt freshmen from Pelini's first class show any potential as receivers?  Wide receiver seems to be the position where Wolford's habit of recruiting "athletes" rather than "football players" has hurt us the most.  I will never forget the sure touchdown pass that went right through the hands of one of those athletes during the fourth quarter of the NDSU game last November.

ytownchief22:
From what I've seen, Harvin and Shakelford have shown good promise. Scott from Hubbard as well. Some issues with route running and holding onto the ball. They have small, speedy guys that can play the slot as well...... Won't know much until fall camp.

IAA Fan:
Some consistent ball delivery will go a long way as well.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 15, 2016, 08:01:54 AM ---Some consistent ball delivery will go a long way as well.

--- End quote ---
This is an underappreciated part of the game.  Good grief, I could catch balls from Tom Brady, the ball is right there, every time.  Same with LeBron and the Cavs. You get the ball delivered in the right spot consistently and good things happen.  Spring ball just complicates the problem, because so many different guys are throwing the ball it never comes the way you expect.   Once somebody is getting “starter reps” things should improve a little, but comments like “Some issues with route running and holding onto the ball,” reminds me of the doctor saying “the surgery was a success, but the patient died.”   What else is there but route running and catching the ball?

Penguin Nation:
Final show today with BP calling in.  Sounds like a FBS tackle may transfer here...welcome news.  It was very entertaining and informative show, sorry to see it end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version