YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ricky & Roth On Rookery Radio

<< < (2/12) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
To listen to this show your device must have Adobe flash player. I can't listen on my smart phone but I can on my computer. Ricky and Jeff were born to do this and both are extremely funny. They started off the show talking about coach Pepe Pearson joining the Marshall staff and what his son might do. They also mentioned about the possibility of a former Nebraska Quarterback becoming the new TE coach. Wells has gotten much stronger and has his weight up to a solid 225 pounds. Wells said his biggest challenge will be raising his standard of play and admitted that his mechanics slipped up last season and he didn't prepare the way he needed to at times. He also added that the staff has taken the necessary steps for success this season. When ask about the offense he said the coaches are incorporating more of a run with the quarterback for this season. Derek is very level headed and humble. He doesn't really go into depth with his answers, but his actions on the field speak louder then his words. He fully understands the NFL is right around the corner for him and is ready for the challenge. He wants a big year at YSU before that happens

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on March 02, 2016, 10:28:06 AM ---To listen to this show your device must have Adobe flash player. I can't listen on my smart phone but I can on my computer. Ricky and Jeff were born to do this and both are extremely funny. They started off the show talking about coach Pepe Pearson joining the Marshall staff and what his son might do. They also mentioned about the possibility of a former Nebraska Quarterback becoming the new TE coach. Wells has gotten much stronger and has his weight up to a solid 225 pounds. Wells said his biggest challenge will be raising his standard of play and admitted that his mechanics slipped up last season and he didn't prepare the way he needed to at times. He also added that the staff has taken the necessary steps for success this season. When ask about the offense he said the coaches are incorporating more of a run with the quarterback for this season. Derek is very level headed and humble. He doesn't really go into depth with his answers, but his actions on the field speak louder then his words. He fully understands the NFL is right around the corner for him and is ready for the challenge. He wants a big year at YSU before that happens

--- End quote ---

Well that should give Hosick a leg up on him.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I'm not in favor of this chief, but I think we will see a two quarterback system again this year similar to last year

go guins:
FEVER, I disagree.  I don't think we will we will have 2 qbs in a regular rotation.  They'll pick on and he'll play.  It will come down to how much better is Wells with the added weight and conditioning vs. how good can Hosick throw.  But spring will be a "winner take all" contest.  Davis will be out of the equation as he can't run as good as Hosick or throw as good as Wells, so he has nothing to offer.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 02, 2016, 12:47:53 PM ---FEVER, I disagree.  I don't think we will we will have 2 qbs in a regular rotation.  They'll pick on and he'll play.  It will come down to how much better is Wells with the added weight and conditioning vs. how good can Hosick throw.  But spring will be a "winner take all" contest.  Davis will be out of the equation as he can't run as good as Hosick or throw as good as Wells, so he has nothing to offer.

--- End quote ---
Wait, if Davis can throw better than Hosick and run better than Wells, he could still be in the equation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version