YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ricky & Roth On Rookery Radio

<< < (9/12) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
My apologies but I won't be able to report on today's practice. I've experienced some flight delays from S.F. to Chicago to A.C.A. because of the higher winds in the region , but I will be in Youngstown area with family for the next week or so, reports will be on there way. Yes Go if we can't get enthusiastic about the possibilities that exist for this season then we all have serious problems. Bo has even said it himself that he fully expects to contend for a National championship and anything less would be a disappointment and I truly believe this. He is a smart coach and knows exactly what he has here. It was a learning curve for him and his staff in 2015 and I think he would really like to have a few of those games back and feels partly responsible for the collapse and won't let it happen again. The players are buying into his system for year 2 and I believe many leaders will step up. It's early yet and players will be rusty. I'm sure Trent for example has worked some with the offense and receivers this off-season. Hunter has a leg up with almost two full seasons under his belt and tons of reps with his teammates and his familiarity with the YSU defense. Bo and Shane both have a plan in this Quarterback competition and right now that's the million dollar question. You could very well see a rotation once again, but  thats not something I'm in favor of. We need other quarterbacks to step up and show us they can throw and make good sound decisions along the way

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Nathan Mays was the only guest today and you can tell he's a very smart and intelligent kid. He feels like he has improved a great deal from last season. Tanner Garry called in from Slippery Rock and ask Ricky how the quarterback competition was going. Ricky said it was going good and it's the best he's ever played since joining YSU and the coaches are happy with his performance

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Ryan Moore was on the show today and he is officially hanging up the cleats for good. He is a very smart kid and will have a bright future ahead of him. Big loss for the offense, but I have a good idea who that bigger back might be

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on March 30, 2016, 08:59:49 AM ---Ryan Moore was on the show today and he is officially hanging up the cleats for good. He is a very smart kid and will have a bright future ahead of him. Big loss for the offense, but I have a good idea who that bigger back might be

--- End quote ---

Disappointed for the kid.

Penguin Nation:
Nine injuries in three years.  I totally get his reason for opting out.  Interesting that he won't encourage his kids to play FB.  Sounds like a solid kid, as is everyone interviewed on that show. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version