YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Members of the 2016 NLI Signing Class

<< < (3/3)

DoubleE:
Bo said Smith is already 270lbs and could rotate at DT. Said his brother played for Carl and wanted him to play for him as well

Bo and Montgomery raved over the WR from long beach saying he has massive hands and catches everything

Said we were very limited in this class due to lack of seniors but next years class will be the normal 20 or so

Said we have another WR we are in talk with to bring in and look to add a few transfers potentially as well

Said good things about the Kicker saying he was brought in to fix the kick off issues

go guins:
Newell listed as LB but looks like strong safety to me.  Biggest impact player is obviously Hosick, he is impressive runner and ok thrower.  Obviously will start.  DT could be impact player as will be set between best pair of DE's in 1AA football.  Not much for quantity, but couple of impact players could push us to payoffs at least. 
Hope coach's son helps inside running,   

IAA Fan:
I like the targeting of this class in general. To me, the top impact players are yet to be determined ...but Needham will need to give up his red-shirt. Derrick really a fantastic signing for us. To be first-team in a good JUCO conference ...nice.

The most intriguing player for me looks to be Hrynkiewicz. He is a solid center with good weight work ...he is very quick and tall at 305lbs and 6'4", so he would be a natural nose guard ...especially with those hands. Yet I am told he can long-snap. We literally can use this guy on O, D and special teams.

go guins:
Maybe at center and long snapper, but D is a little bit of a reach.  6/4 is good for OL but too tall for NT. 
No question kick off was worst play for us over course of the season.  Needham should help

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 04, 2016, 11:00:30 AM ---I like the targeting of this class in general. To me, the top impact players are yet to be determined ...but Needham will need to give up his red-shirt. Derrick really a fantastic signing for us. To be first-team in a good JUCO conference ...nice.

The most intriguing player for me looks to be Hrynkiewicz. He is a solid center with good weight work ...he is very quick and tall at 305lbs and 6'4", so he would be a natural nose guard ...especially with those hands. Yet I am told he can long-snap. We literally can use this guy on O, D and special teams.

--- End quote ---

Center and LS only. I like Derrick, hopefully he can step right in with Harvin or Scott.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version