YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Will Mahone back at YSU ?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 22, 2016, 09:15:52 AM ---Let's hope this kid has it turned around, but you should read this before making any snap decisions based on what he says during his arrest: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099071-notre-dame-wr-will-mahone-arrested-charged-with-multiple-felonies

Fact is, if this were a white player saying the same thing about black cops, he would NOT get any consideration for returning to play.  AND I note, he was a junior at ND, so does he only have 1 season left and will he need a second position change?  For the kids sake, I hope he has things sorted out, but I don't see much benefit for the Quins.

--- End quote ---

I thought he did not play for ND in his Junior year. Would he still have 2 years of eligibility left?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 22, 2016, 09:15:52 AM ---Let's hope this kid has it turned around, but you should read this before making any snap decisions based on what he says during his arrest: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099071-notre-dame-wr-will-mahone-arrested-charged-with-multiple-felonies

Fact is, if this were a white player saying the same thing about black cops, he would NOT get any consideration for returning to play.  AND I note, he was a junior at ND, so does he only have 1 season left and will he need a second position change?  For the kids sake, I hope he has things sorted out, but I don't see much benefit for the Quins.

--- End quote ---

That was then, this is now. Has he really has turned his life around, time will tell

Buddy:
I graduated with his mother (pretty sure his mom)  She is Facebook friend and from what I see she whipped him back into reality.  I am all about second chances.  We should all look at the stupid sh** we did when we were 20 but never got caught.... then judge

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Buddy on January 22, 2016, 07:56:52 PM ---I graduated with his mother (pretty sure his mom)  She is Facebook friend and from what I see she whipped him back into reality.  I am all about second chances.  We should all look at the stupid sh** we did when we were 20 but never got caught.... then judge

--- End quote ---

Well put. Add to it that athletes are coddled to and told they are great for years in school, not exactly a great way to learn how the world really works. Kudos to mom give the kid a shot what could it hurt?

gbs20:
Yep we all deserve second chances and most of us have gotten them at one time or another in our lives. I hope that those of you who have the ability to hire people have or will have hire someone with his background instead of someone with a clean slate.  If he wasnt a football player with his ability to help YSU, alot of people would be just as happy to kick him to the curb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version