YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

<< < (2/5) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Covelli has a smaller capacity, but capacity doesn't matter when the crowd you draw could all share the same box of popcorn.  Covelli is a modern facility, and the novelty of it may draw more fans.....but it didn't when YSU played Hiram there in 2012.....only 1500 at the game.....less then the usual fake attendance numbers.

Beeghly was filled up with the CSU game on ESPNU...and the crowds do help make Beeghly look like a legit venue. 

YSU really just needs to address it's neglect of the MBB program instead of letting it flounder endlessly.  Until the program is competitive, I don't see the venue mattering very much.

Dmorton:
Agreed Nation!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on January 14, 2016, 08:26:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cimo7 on January 14, 2016, 08:22:37 PM ---Yea with success obviously the attendance would (should) increase. It just seems like the Beeghly Center is outdated and stuck in the past. Especially when you look at venues like NKU of Oakland in comparison.

--- End quote ---

This

should move home games to covelli center with student section on the floor and everyone else in chairs

--- End quote ---

I hope this never happens

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 15, 2016, 09:56:34 AM ---Covelli has a smaller capacity, but capacity doesn't matter when the crowd you draw could all share the same box of popcorn.  Covelli is a modern facility, and the novelty of it may draw more fans.....but it didn't when YSU played Hiram there in 2012.....only 1500 at the game.....less then the usual fake attendance numbers.

Beeghly was filled up with the CSU game on ESPNU...and the crowds do help make Beeghly look like a legit venue. 

YSU really just needs to address it's neglect of the MBB program instead of letting it flounder endlessly.  Until the program is competitive, I don't see the venue mattering very much.

--- End quote ---

I agree

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 15, 2016, 09:56:34 AM ---Covelli has a smaller capacity, but capacity doesn't matter when the crowd you draw could all share the same box of popcorn.  Covelli is a modern facility, and the novelty of it may draw more fans.....but it didn't when YSU played Hiram there in 2012.....only 1500 at the game.....less then the usual fake attendance numbers.

--- End quote ---
Agree.
We also have to consider the students. We have been trying to get more students to attend the games. In the ESPN televised CSU game several years ago, we packed Beeghly because volunteers went door to door in the dorms to encourge student to show up.
If we play the games in Covelli, the dorm residents will have to drive to the game and pay the parking fee. The other off campus students who can park at YSU for fee would now have to pay to park at Covelli.
I don't think this the way to attract more students to the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version