YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Beeghly Center

(1/5) > >>

Cimo7:
Just a thought....have you guys ever wondered why we don't bring back the floor seats underneath the hoop and repaint the floor like it was 7-10 years ago. I've seen pictures of a packed beeghly center with a student section and butts in the seats...and this is when the team was REALLY bad. I'm currently a senior at YSU and I'm just curious as to why our games don't look like that now. I think I reprinting of the floor and adding those portable bleachers behind the hoops would be cool. Your guys' thoughts?

go guins:

--- Quote from: Cimo7 on January 13, 2016, 06:46:53 PM ---Just a thought....have you guys ever wondered why we don't bring back the floor seats underneath the hoop and repaint the floor like it was 7-10 years ago. I've seen pictures of a packed beeghly center with a student section and butts in the seats...and this is when the team was REALLY bad. I'm currently a senior at YSU and I'm just curious as to why our games don't look like that now. I think I reprinting of the floor and adding those portable bleachers behind the hoops would be cool. Your guys' thoughts?

--- End quote ---
My initial thought is "who wants more empty seats?"  As I see it, the fundamental problem is while 1-AA football isn't a panacea, it is far better than having schools like YSU play 1-A where you never have tournament success.  IMO what we need is 1-AA basketball too.  Then we have a target that is realistic.  Maybe that would help develop some interest?

Penguin Nation:
If anything, I'd expand the chairback seats to the general admission sections.  I'd only begin the discussion on expansion once we've had two sellouts in the same season.  I've seen the GA seats walled off during games, I assume to avoid the bad optics of empty stands.  With an improving team, exciting players like Morse, an expanding enrollment, and visiting teams like Valpo (ranked top 25 in RPI), maybe it'll head in that direction where expansion is considered.

Cimo7:
Yea with success obviously the attendance would (should) increase. It just seems like the Beeghly Center is outdated and stuck in the past. Especially when you look at venues like NKU of Oakland in comparison.

DoubleE:

--- Quote from: Cimo7 on January 14, 2016, 08:22:37 PM ---Yea with success obviously the attendance would (should) increase. It just seems like the Beeghly Center is outdated and stuck in the past. Especially when you look at venues like NKU of Oakland in comparison.

--- End quote ---

This

should move home games to covelli center with student section on the floor and everyone else in chairs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version