YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB: UWM @ YSU Th 01/07 7:45 pm

(1/3) > >>

Penguin Nation:
After a very impressive road win over Oakland, YSU MBB (RPI # 223) faces UWM (RPI #177) at Beeghley.  UWM has had two BIG wins over Whisky and Minnesota, as well as other victories over Denver and Central Michigan.

Massey gives YSU a 35% chance of winning and predicts a score of 77-81.

UWM (10-5 / 1-1) in the HL has lost to WSU and defeated NKU.  This is their first HL road game, and YSU's first HL home game.

Statistically, UWM leads the HL in FG% and FT%, and # of assists/game.

For UWM, senior Matt Tiby leads the HL in rebounds, and junior Jordan Johnson leads the HL in assist/turnover ratio.

Go Penguins.

ValleyTalk:
I'll be there. Hoping for the doubleheader sweep of Milwaukee!

ytownchief22:
More interested in the ladies but go guins nevertheless!

Penguin Nation:
I hear ya Chief, but they played a legit D1 OOC schedule finally, and are showing a pulse even without their leading rebounder.  I throw em a bone for the effort.

From YSUsports.com:

• This is the 38th meeting between YSU and Milwaukee in a series that dates back to 1972.
• The Panthers own a 27-10 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last two games.

• Five Panthers average in double figures led by senior Matt Tiby with 15.5 points per game. He also leads the team with 8.9 rebounds per game.
• Akeem Springs is averaging 13.5 points per game while Austin Arians is at 11.7 ppg, Jordan Johnson is at 11.5 ppg and J.J. Panoske is at 10.5 ppg.

http://ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/releases/milwaukee-1-preview

Penguin Nation:
From the Vindy:

"But the immediate offensive firepower can’t be denied, as the Hain-less Penguins also put up 78 points on the Fighting Irish and 87 on Detroit. The next challenge is maintaining the pace.

“That’s the million dollar question: How do we bring that intensity back home with us?” Slocum said. “We talked about not leaving it on the bus and coming out and playing hard. We need to take the opportunity now of two home games to come out and play with that kind of fire and intensity.” "

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/jan/06/smaller-faster-and-better/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version