YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Old Friends

<< < (2/2)

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 04, 2016, 08:13:52 AM ---Never ever move up to FBS without conference affiliation, we would never get enough games and we would never see any post-season. Besides, conference realignment will dictate what we do.

--- End quote ---
I absolutely agree with 1AA here, you MUST have affiliation to move, but look around, we are second division in 1AA any everybody is jumping on moving to 1A?!?!? Are you guys crazy?  We have, let me add them up......tick.... tick....tick......got it, 1 win against 1A in our whole time playing football.  What we need is 1AA basketball, not moving to 1A football! 

penguinpower:
Pretty soon FCS will be like D2 ball.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 21, 2016, 12:20:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 04, 2016, 08:13:52 AM ---Never ever move up to FBS without conference affiliation, we would never get enough games and we would never see any post-season. Besides, conference realignment will dictate what we do.

--- End quote ---
I absolutely agree with 1AA here, you MUST have affiliation to move, but look around, we are second division in 1AA any everybody is jumping on moving to 1A?!?!? Are you guys crazy?  We have, let me add them up......tick.... tick....tick......got it, 1 win against 1A in our whole time playing football.  What we need is 1AA basketball, not moving to 1A football!

--- End quote ---

Have not made the play-offs for a while but I still consider us to be in the top half of 1-AA. I do not have the record book in front of me but we have a bunch of wins against 1-A schools, talking Mac schools here. But I understand your point when you say 1 win, 1 win against a real 1A school.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on January 21, 2016, 05:39:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 21, 2016, 12:20:12 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Have not made the play-offs for a while but I still consider us to be in the top half of 1-AA. I do not have the record book in front of me but we have a bunch of wins against 1-A schools, talking Mac schools here. But I understand your point when you say 1 win, 1 win against a real 1A school.

--- End quote ---

I'll give you a few MAC wins, but most of those were Akron, pre MAC. but we are bottom half of the league standings and have been for years.  We may "think" of us as upper tier, but facts are facts and we are not.  We all remember "making the playoffs" wasn't even the goal, but "winning the playoffs" was the goal, not we don't even get in.  LONG way to go

SCHOOL   CONF   OVERALL
North Dakota State   7-1   13-2
Illinois State   7-1   10-3
South Dakota State   5-3   8-4
Northern Iowa   5-3   9-5
Western Illinois   5-3   7-6
Indiana State   3-5   5-6
South Dakota   3-5   5-6
Youngstown State   3-5   5-6
Southern Illinois   2-6   3-8
Missouri State   0-8   1-10

Navigation