YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vargo: State of the YSU basketball programs

<< < (5/5)

IAA Fan:
For basketball the rule is less strict than football. I think it is less than 30% of total games ...not time. So if Bobby plays in less than 30% of our games, he will qualify. So that should be 8 or 9 games, depending on how they round. So if Hain plays in 9-games or less he is eligible to file. That does not mean he receives the red-shirt year, only that he is eligible.

I show him already playing in 12-games and thus NOT eligible ... Can anyone out there that can validate this?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 31, 2015, 01:20:49 PM ---For basketball the rule is less strict than football. I think it is less than 30% of total games ...not time. So if Bobby plays in less than 30% of our games, he will qualify. So that should be 8 or 9 games, depending on how they round. So if Hain plays in 9-games or less he is eligible to file. That does not mean he receives the red-shirt year, only that he is eligible.

I show him already playing in 12-games and thus NOT eligible ... Can anyone out there that can validate this?

--- End quote ---

Thanks IAA,
I thought he only played a few minutes in the last game and it might not have counted. It is just tough to see him finishing up his career without being able to play in any league games in his senior year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version