YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguins Pick Up Impressive 99-58 Win Over Geneva

<< < (3/4) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on December 21, 2015, 12:32:30 PM ---What happened Saturday is why most Penguin fans don't get very excited about a 40 point win over a win-less D3 team.  Only 20 games left with JS at the helm.

--- End quote ---

Lol so true.

IAA Fan:
I love people who think if they just assume something and then talk about it, it will happen. Heck if we dumped serious cash into basketball I would be ecstatic to see what Slocum could do with it. I bet you quite a bit. This team is young & talented, I would love to see what a couple of years does. Also until I see a couple of seasons of football success we had better have no change at the helm of MBB, unless Slocum decides to retire. In which case, Michael Wernicki will do just fine and he well-deserves his shot.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 21, 2015, 10:00:08 PM ---I love people who think if they just assume something and then talk about it, it will happen.
--- End quote ---

It's not just wishful thinking.  If the plan was for JS to be here next season, they would've signed him to an extension during the off-season.

IAA Fan:
Yes and if the plan was to dismiss him, they would have done that as well. So, again he can stay or go ...it will be his decision and should that happen then I like Wernicki as he is more than qualified and would not expect $500k.

He can continue to move this team in the direction they were recruited for. I suspect that those that need to know coach S's future ...already do. The same thing happened with coach Heacock. He told administration that he was going to get the team to the post-season in the 3-years of his term or he would not seek a renewal and Strollo held him accountable. Although I will admit that Wernicki has been more active as of late (started last last season); that could be telling. However, it could simply mean that Slocum lost his voice again.

Penguin Nation:
I cannot guess what goes on in Strollo's hamster wheel brain, but it is possible that it was deemed cost-prohibitive to buy out the remainder of Jerry's contract.  If performance and competency matters, it should have been at least contemplated after compiling a 0.294 HL winning % over a 10 year period (0.125 last season).

I suppose D3 Geneva is on the schedule for sentimentality's sake for Jerry, as well as to pad the schedule. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version