YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Ladies

<< < (3/4) > >>

ELPENGUIN:
Crazy talking Double ET from you. Woman's basketball and men's basketball are two different things.  I thought you knew more about basketball than to make a statement like that.  Recruiting is still the priority and could Coach Barnes win that war against major and MAC teams?

Penguin Nation:
...and who would be so stoopid as to think a FB HC could be a University president??!!  Amiright??

Barnes would earn more $$ elsewhere as a WBB HC than Jerry's replacement, and have a larger budget, better facilities, etc.....so its a nonstarter.

But.....I have zero doubt Barnes would out coach and out recruit Jerry.  Some people are the can-do types, and just get the job done.

Penquin68:
Coach Barnes is a great coach, but I think we will have trouble with Green Bay and Wright State. Sara Cash is the real deal and is very important to keep out of foul trouble in these difficult games. We also need Janae Jackson in more to create offence. She seems to get into the dog house often.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on January 03, 2016, 02:49:13 PM ---Crazy talking Double ET from you. Woman's basketball and men's basketball are two different things.  I thought you knew more about basketball than to make a statement like that.  Recruiting is still the priority and could Coach Barnes win that war against major and MAC teams?

--- End quote ---
I would argue that D1 and D2 men's basketball are two different things. According to your statement, Slocum should have never be hired as a D1 coach.

It might take Barns couple of years to transition to men's program. At the end,  I think he would be a better coach than Slocum. Coaching is coaching and recruiting is recruiting, either you can or you can't.  After all these years, Slocum has not made much improvement.

He could not generate enough interests for the fans to attend the game. I have watched YSU basketball for 50 years. When I was a student at YSU, I walked from campus to South High Field House to watch the game. Now, I would not walk across the campus from my office to attend the game.

ytownchief22:
Barnes is really good recruiter in the sense that he knows what kind of player he wants, goes and gets them and he and his staff have really developed them into ballers. Really has a knack for developing solid talent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version